Country of citizenship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Country of citizenship?

I want to buy Protection America for my parents who are going to visit me here in the US. They are Canadian citizens currently living in Dubai.

When I go to fill out the form, the following blurb comes up:

"Protection America provides coverage for non-US citizens traveling outside their country of citizenship for a minimum of 5 days up to a maximum of 3 years:

Does that mean that they won't be covered if we decide to take a trip up to Canada? Canadian insurance requires residency in Canada - so they won't be covered by Canadian provincial health insurance. Could you please let me know if Protection America would cover my parents during a trip into Canada? If not, what other comprehensive coverage would do so?

Thanks! DG

Protection America can cover it.

But You have to buy Protection America with 'Return Rider'. Once you enter the birthdate, gender, country of citizenship, duration etc, it will show you the prices for different policy maximums and deductibles. Just above that, you will see a check box for 'Return Rider' check that and they would be covered in Canada too as their home country is currently NOT Canada.

If you have any trouble locating that, please call us at 1-866-INSU-BUY.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi Narendra,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply! (and for being a night owl!) One further question.

I noticed that the Atlas America protection fine print includes this:

"ome Country Defined - If you are a US citizen, your Home Country is the United States, regardless of the location of your Principal Residence. If you are not a US citizen, your Home Country is the country where you principally reside and receive regular mail."

Does that mean that the return rider is not needed if I buy Atlas America? - it is very easy to prove that my parents don't live in Canada anymore, and their principal residence is in Dubai. (would proof even be required if I have to file a claim?)

So does that mean that for this trip, they would be covered in Canada as well if I decide to go with Atlas? Are there any other comprehensive coverages which would do the same?

Thanks a lot for the great website and the great service!

Comment

You are reading inappropriate section. They are talking about if you needed incidental coverage in Dubai.

Atlas America will NOT cover you in Canada at all. Coverage is only outside country of citizenship.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X