Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-existing Condition

Hi,
    I stumbled on this website on the internet.
    I have a question, my dad has pre-existing heart condition and he underwent heart surgery around 10 years back. After that, he has had no problem related to that.
    Is there any insurance which will cover his heart condition?
    I know that there are stillmany other problems that could arise and so buying an insurance is a must, but the way I see is that in case he has to be hospitalised or something because of heart condition, if the insurance does not pay it, I have to do all that myself.

Looking forward to your responses.

Thanks,
    Manav

When you get sick and get the treatment, depending upon the examinations performed, tests done, medical records, attending physician report, insurance company's claims department determines whether something is a pre-existing condition or not.

Therefore, it is very difficult to say for sure what would be considered pre-existing and what wouldn't.

However, heart disease etc are generally considered chronic disease and generally considered to be always there. Even if someone had heart attack 10 years back and if the person is taking any medicine, even if something simple like Aspirin, it is ongoing disease and generally not covered.

But again, it is finally up to insurance company's claims department to determine whether something is pre-existing condition or not.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X