Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help in deciding on Visitors Health Insurance

Hi Narendra,

Excellent site. My mother-in-law (64 years old) will be visiting us from India for three months starting in February. I am planning to buy comprehensive coverage for $250K or $500K with $250 deductible from an insurance provider located in the US and which participates in a widely accepted PPO network. I looked at your website and found several such options. However, I am confused. Can you make any recommendations?

We live in Summit, NJ and would ideally want to buy from an insurance company which covers Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ in the PPO network.

Thanks in advance for any advice that you can provide me.

Regards,
    Ajay

I looked at Protection America (IMG) and Atlas America (MNU) plans' PPO network. Both of them included Overlook Hospital in Summit, NJ.

If you want to buy $500,000 coverage, go for Protection America. If you want to buy $250,000 coveage, go for Atlas America.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks Narendra. I plan to buy IMG Protection America $500 K coverage. My mother-in-law will be in the USA for 3-months but can I pay the premium in 1 month increments, i.e. buy it initially for 1 month and then renew it monthly before expiration of the current term?

Comment

Yes, you can do that.

As long as you renew it before expires, it will be a continous policy. You will have to pay $5 renewal fee, in addition to the premium.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

J2 insurance

Narenda,

my question is regarding health insurance plan for J2 visa holder. I'm a J1 holder and I'm provided with health insurance. Unfortunately my insurance does not cover dependants. My understanding is that insubuy does provide plans for J2 holders as primary holders, but it does not cover maternity. Can you suggest any other organizations that would do the same but also cover the maternioty, or are there any plans that cover only maternity?

Thanks,
          Harry

Comment

Unfortunately, no such plan exists for J2 visa holders that would cover maternity.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Narendra,

Thanks. We purchased the Protection America (IMG) plan, 500K coverage, $250 deductible for my mother-in-law this morning. We opted for delivery by express mail. When should we expect the ID card in the mail?

Regards,
              Ajay

Comment

Mailing is an automated process.

If it goes out in today's mail, you should receive it on Monday, otherwise on Tuesday.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Thanks Narendra. We received it yesterday (Monday) by UPS.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X