preexisting condition question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preexisting condition question

My in laws are planning a visit in March. My father-in-law had a valve replaced 5years ago and is on blood thinners and requires routine blood testing. I am assuming that these are all preexisting conditions and will not be covered. Does this also mean that any heart related ailments that are unrelated to this will not be covered?

My mother-in-law suffered a heart attack 3 years ago and had a bypass surgery and now does not have any blocks. Does it mean that any future heart related ailments will not be covered?

Thanks

All I or any one can say is that pre-existing conditions are not covered.

It is not possible that you describe the condition on the discussion board and I or any one else be able to tell you for sure what would be covered and what would not be covered.

It would be determined by the insurance company's claims department based on the attending physician statement, medical records, treatment records and overall history whether something is a pre-existing condition or not.

In general, you can assume that if the person had heart surgery, any heart related conditions would be pre-existing conditions. But that is just the general comment.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

thanks for your response. If everything goes fine(visa etc.) my in laws may visit by end of March.
      1)what kind of documentation will they require to buy insurance here other than filling out the application forms
      2)How early should they apply so that coverage starts form day1?

thanks again.

Note to Mr Narendra,

I went thru many of the posts. your answers and notes are very helpful.

Comment

1. No documentation is required. You require date of birth, passport number, exact name and travel dates to apply. Rest is general information like YOUR name, phone number, address etc.

2. Insurance can start as early as the next day or any future date you specify. As the coverage is effective is US eastern time and not local time, in order to cover during the travel time as well, I recommend that you indicate the effective date of the insurance one day in advance of the travel date.

3. You are welcome.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Any Medical Insurance suggestions for Diabetic patients?

Hi Narendra,

Thank You first for helping us with medical insurance problem.

My Dad is prone with diabetics. Can you please suggest any good medical insurance company that supports this pre-exsisting condition.

I live in Texas.

Your inputs will be so helpful.

Thanks Again
          Laks

Comment

Unfortunately, there is no insurance plan from any company any where that covers pre-existing conditions to visitors to USA.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X