Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference between Deductible per policy period and per injury

Hi Narendra

Visitors Care (IMG) has available deductibles by Age (per policy Period) whereas InBound USA has it per injury/sickness.

What is the difference between these two ?

Does it mean that if I have a 6 month policy then Visitors Care will charge the deductible only once (even if there are multiple doctor's visits) whereas InBound USA will charge it for every visit ?

Can you please explain the difference.

Thanks
    Arun

Visitors Care has deductible once per the policy period. That means, if you buy for 6 months and pay for 6 months right away, 6 months is your policy period. No matter how many times you get sick during those 6 months or use the insurance, you have to pay the deductible only once.
    Deductible choices are $75 or $150 in Visitors Care.

On the other hand, Inbound USA has the deductible once per every injury/sickness. Therefore, if you get sick 3 times during 6 months, you will have to pay the deductible once per every sickness, 3 times in this case.
    It is not once per every visit.
    e.g., you get fever this month. That is one sickness. You break your leg next month. That is another sickness.
    Deductible choices are $75 or $150 in Inbound USA for age below 70, while $250 for age 70+.

I hope that answers your question.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi Narendra

Thanks for the quick reply.

Do the medical benefits also follow this logic.

In Visitors Care it mentions that most of the benefits are per period of coverage, but in Inbound USA it mentions that most of the benefits are per injury/sickness.

So in case of a Consult Physician, for Visitors Care it's $400 per period of coverage (so $400 total for a 6 month coverage) and for Inbound USA it's $400 per injury sickness.

Also, my in-laws are going to be here for 6 months, so is it advisable to
      take insurance for all the 6 months or for 2 months with a renewable policy ?

Thanks
      Arun

Comment

1. You are right about the consult physician.

2. It really depends. If you buy Visitors Care for 2 months and then renew it, your deductible will start over again and many of the benefits that are mentioned as period of coverage will start over again as well.

Either buying for 6 months or 2 months at a time may work out better depending upon how exactly you may end up using the insurance, what treatment is needed etc. However, you don't know about it in advance.

Therefore, I would advise that if the person is coming to US for 6 months, buy 3 months at a time for a nice balance.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Hi Narendra

Another question. If I were to take the insurance for 3 months at a time and during the first 3 months, someone has some disease and I were to renew the policy for another 3 months, would the disease be treated as a pre-existing condition at the time of renewal ?

Thank you for your prompt replies and really appreciate your inputs.

Arun

Comment

No, it will not be considered as pre-existing condition as long as it was not pre-existing condition in first 3 months itself.

You are renewing the policy and not repurchasing it.

However, you should remember to renew the policy before it expires and not let it laspe. If it expires and if you repurchase it, everything starts all over again.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X