I need US visitor medical insurance for my a dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need US visitor medical insurance for my a dad

My father is 78 in March and is planning to visit me in California in the the US. He has high blood pressure that is controlled by medication. He has been taking Librium for about 30 years. He is also a smoker. Otherwise he is in good health. I want to purchase medical insurance for him for 1 month while he is in the US, but I want to be sure that it will cover him for any related conditions that may occur, i.e. heart problems. Can you recommend something for me? I am really looking for major medical insurance. I don't care if the deductible is high.

Unfortunately, all visitor medical insurance plans work pretty much the same way.

They don't cover any pre-existing medical conditions and don't cover anything related to any pre-existing medical conditions either.

Insurance is for future protection. And it will generally cover any new medical conditions, sicknesses, accidents or injuries that may occur after the effective date of the plan.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Follow-up

So if my father has controlled high-blood pressure, and develops a heart condition while in the US, then the medical insurance would not cover the heart condition because of the previous high-blood pressure?

Comment

There is no way to answer such questions in simple Yes or No.

It really depends.

Based on the medical records and attending physician's statement, insurance company's claim department determines whether something was caused due to pre-existing condition. If so, they will not pay. Otherwise, they will pay.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X