Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query on Pre-existing Conditions under Exclusions for Visitors medical insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query on Pre-existing Conditions under Exclusions for Visitors medical insurance

Hi,

I am interested in buying medical insurance for my parents. They intend visiting me in the US next month for a period of 3 months. My father is 70 years old and my mothers age is 63.

I was looking at the different policies. I had a question on one of the clauses under exclusions relating to "Pre-existing Conditions".
    This clause states that "Any Injury, Illness, sickness, disease, or other physical or medical disorder, condition or ailment that , with reasonable medical certainty, existed at the time of Application or at any time during the three years prior to the Effective Date of the Initial Period of Coverage, whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed, including any subsequent, chronic or recurring complications or consequences related thereto or arising therefrom". Both my parents are healthy and without much medical problems. My mother does take medication for blood pressure (BP). My questions are:
    1. If my mother (god forbid) has a medical problem during the three months of stay that comes about due to her BP, will she be covered?
    2. What do these words "whether or not previously manifested or symptomatic, diagnosed, treated, or disclosed" really mean? Don't you guys think that pretty much any ailment can be linked to some kind of past medical history that never manifested before but appears now?
    3. If the answer to the above questions is yes, then what does this policy cover? We are taking this policy as a safety net but in case of any medical emergency, I feel this clause can be applied to deny insurance coverage. Hence I just want to be absolutely clear.

A quick response from your side would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing health insurance for your parents.

I suggest you read pre-existing medical conditions FAQ at https://www.insubuy.com/visitor-medi...ng-conditions/
    I believe it will answer all your questions.

If you still have further questions, please feel free to call us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X