travel medical insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• travel medical insurance

I'm a swedish woman living in the Central African Republic, and I have some questions concerning your "travel medical insurance".

I am swedish citizen but live in CAR around 8 months each year. Can I sign up for this insurance? I also have swedish workers, who have their homes in Sweden but stay in CAR approx. 6 months a year. Can they sign up for the insurance?

We are working with hunting safaris, and some of us are professional hunters. We also fly ultra-light. Will the insurance cover this?

What happens if a close relative (parents, siblings, etc) gets very sick or dies while we are in CAR. Will the insurance cover a journey back to Sweden on such an occasion?

Thank you for getting back to me as soon as possible!

I believe you are referring to Liaison International insurance, available at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-america-plus-insurance/

As long as the home country of these people is Sweden and not Central African Republic, you can use the Liaison International policy to cover their time in Central African Republic. The policy will cover new injuries and new illnesses, even sustained at work, unless some kind of worker's compensation policy covers their injuries (Medical benefits exclusion 15). The same general exclusions will apply (e.g. won't cover anything that occurs while they are intoxicated, attempted suicide, any injuries sustained while committing a felony, etc.). The health benefits will cover you in the ultra-lite, as it is not excluded under the Medical Benefits list of exclusions. However, the AD&D benefits do exclude flights in any aircraft that is not commercially licensed for passenger transport. This means that in the event that you were killed or lost limbs in an accident, you would not be eligible for the AD&D benefits. (AD&D exclusions 5 & 6)

The trip interruption benefit will cover up to $5,000 for the cost of economy travel, less the value of applied credit from an unused return travel ticket, to return you home to your area of principal residence in the event that a parent, spouse, sibling or child dies while you are away. Please note that serious illness of a family member is NOT included as a covered reason to interrupt the trip. This benefit will also cover in the event that your principal place of residence suffers serious damage from fire, flood, or similar natural disaster (e.g. tornado, earthquake, hurricane, etc.).

I believe this is the information you requested. If there is anything further I can help you with, please let me know.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Dear Narendra,

Thank you for the information.

How do you decide which country that should be considered as the person's home country? My husband and I will officially move out from Sweden this year. Our parents still live here though, and we regularely come back to see them. We are also Swedish citizens, but I guess that's not enough to call Sweden our home country? Do you have any other insurance that we could use, that will cover our stay in CAR (our new home country)?

Comment

There is no 100% perfect way of determining someone's home country.
        This is the guideline insurance company gives: "The country where an insured person(s) has his/her true, fixed and permanent home and principal establishment. "

From what you are describing, I would think your home country is CAR.

Look at the products available at https://www.insubuy.com/expatriate-health-insurance/ for coverage in home country and other places.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X