Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

blood glucose tests for visitor

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • blood glucose tests for visitor


    my father is already here in IL for 3/4 months USA visit and he needs get done blood glucose tests every month. He is covered under First health insurance from IMG.

    We do not know how and where *exactly* can he get done those blood-glucose tests ( he suffers from diabetes) .

    Also if some one otherwise has an idea on blood-glucose measuring gadgets please advise...Which product would be good..etc..


  • #2
    As this is not about the insurance advice, I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge.

    In order to get blood-glucose test done, you will have to to Dr and they will take your blood and send it to the lab for the testing. The same doctor can also prescribe you the self-test meters and the supplies. With that prescription, you can go to the pharmacy and get the device and the supplies.

    And of course, you will have to pay out of your pocket for all of the procedures described above. No visitors insurance will cover that as it would definitely come under pre-existing conditions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470
    Website: http://www.insubuy.com


    • #3
      Ohh Okay- OOP..

      Thanks Narendra.


      • #4
        You can also use the over the counter blood glucose testing machines with test strips that can make a small cut and the test trip will take the blood and measure the levels. Several options available. Check at your local pharmacy as well.

        I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.