Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection America - Gaut Arthritis -Question for Mr. Narendra

Mr. Narendra,

I went through a couple of forums posts for yours and others. One of your posts mentioned that Protection America is the best. The post is of 2005, I was wondering if you still stand by your opinion/observations? Can you please quickly reiterate why?

From this info, I have almost decided to buy Protection America for my dad, who is aged approx 64. The insurance is for the duration of one month and policy maximum is $50000.

Another question is, where can I find out what kind of illnesses are covered? I am specifically looking for Gaut arthritis, which has affected my dad some times, but not chronically.

Thanks,
    VJ

Protection America is an excellent plan because
    * It participates in widely recognized PPO - First Health PPO.
    * You get insurance card.
    * You get Rx discount card.
    * It is quite flexible. You can buy for min. 5 days and still renew it. In case of early departure, you get refund for pro-rated duration minus $25 cancellation fee, if no claims have been filed.
    * Excellent customer service.
    * Reasonable prices.

Insurance company will pay for any new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that occur after the effective date of the policy. It will not cover anything related to pre-existing conditions. Look at the brochure for complete details.

If you start any new threads, please post them in Visitors Medical Insurance section, rather than Visitors Visa section for the quickest response as I normally check only the insurance threads.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us at any time or post the questions here.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by narendra
      Insurance company will pay for any new medical conditions, injuries or accidents that occur after the effective date of the policy. It will not cover anything related to pre-existing conditions. Look at the brochure for complete details.
      This point was indeed important. I checked the brochure and it did clearly define what is meant by pre-existing condition.

However, Atlas America seems to be better choice, because they say
      If you are under age 70, you are covered for Medical and Emergency
      Evacuation charges resulting from an Acute Onset of a Pre-existing Condition, up to the limit set
      forth in the Schedule of Benefits and Limits. A Pre-existing Condition is any Illness, Injury or
      medical condition or chronic or recurring Illness or Injury or medical condition, including any
      associated complications or consequences, which existed at or during the 2 years immediately
      preceding your Effective Date. An Acute Onset is a sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence
      of a Pre-existing Condition, that occurs spontaneously and without advance warning either in the
      form of Physician recommendations or symptoms. Treatment must be obtained within 24 hours of
      the sudden and unexpected outbreak or recurrence
      Acute Onset is the keyword that seems to catch my attention. He seem to be feeling that he may have gaut problem, which may be reoccurring after a year.

Let me know your opinions about this.
      Thanks
      VJ

Comment

As per the insurance company, what is written in the Atlas America brochure is an accurate statement.

Beyond that, based on the hypothetical scenarios, it can not guaranteed in advance whether some condition would be covered or not for sure. It all depends. When the actual claim occurs, depending upon the medical records, treatment records and attending physician statement, it would be determined whether the particular scenario falls within the description of 'Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions' or not. Each case is unique.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Originally posted by narendra
          As per the insurance company, what is written in the Atlas America brochure is an accurate statement.

Beyond that, based on the hypothetical scenarios, it can not guaranteed in advance whether some condition would be covered or not for sure. It all depends. When the actual claim occurs, depending upon the medical records, treatment records and attending physician statement, it would be determined whether the particular scenario falls within the description of 'Acute Onset of Pre-Existing Conditions' or not. Each case is unique.
          I am in the process of buying Atlas America. I have a question about mailing address. It should be my US address where the documents will be sent. (My dad is already here with me in US). Am I correct?

Thanks, Narendra! Appreciate your quick responses.
          VJ

Comment

Yes, please put US address.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Narendra,

I just finished buying Atlas America for my dad. On the ID card, there's logo Hygeia as well as First Health, does this mean we can also go to a provider within First Health PPO network?

Thanks,
              VJ

Comment

The provider you see within https://www.insubuy.com/hccmis-ppo-network/ are in the network.

They may either be directly contracted with Hygeia or internally by First Health in turn.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X