Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IMG insurance not covering gall stone

Hi,

My mom had jaundice and gall stone attack after 2 months she came here in US and she was covered under IMG insurance. But they are not covering a single penny of the treatment and she was hospitalized and had gall stone removal ERCP and all hospitals and doctors and procedure bills are very high and I couldn't pay those. Insurance company is saying it is pre-existing condition, where she did not had any problem of gall stone before. Can please somebody suggest what to do? This is really frustrating after purchasing insurance also, if we have to face such a kind of problems.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing a claims problem.

Please note that insurance companies don't cover pre-existing conditions, and not just the pre-known conditions. Even if you didn't know about gall stone, please note that they don't form overnight and must be getting formed for a long time and you saw the symptoms recently. That is still considered pre-existing conditions.

However, that is a general statement and is difficult for me to comment on your specific case without knowing your details.

Therefore, if you have purchased the insurance through us, please contact us and provide us all the details and we would be glad to look into it and help you to the best of our abilities.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

we bought insurance from IMG's web site not through your site but I do see you also have img insurance on your site, so is there any suggestions you can give us in this case?

Comment

IMG does not sell insurance directly. When you go to IMG's web site, they randomly put you under some agent and you have to contact that agent for any help, if they provide any such help. If that agent is in Africa or Mongolia, good luck with getting any help.

Even if that agent is located in the U.S., he/she may or may not be interested in helping you.

On the other hand, we as a broker, work in your best interest and do everything legally possible to help you out. Please remember that we work for you, not for them. Therefore, it is extremely important for you to choose the broker like us. (There is no difference in price anywhere.)

In your case, you will have to contact the place you purchased the insurance from. I am unable to help you, unfortunately.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X