Trouble making online purchase of Patriot America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble making online purchase of Patriot America

Hi, I tried buying a Patriot America Insurance Plan from your site at around 4am CST, Sunday 6th July, 2008 and while paying by my card issued by Deutsche Bank, I got the following error: The following errors occurred during processing - Unfortunately, we were unable to process your payment Reason: Issuer Unavailable (Response Code: 98) I verified the Credit Card information and tried it again and got the same error. Meanwhile I received 2 SMSs from my bank saying that the amount of $48.75 has been debited twice from my account. I called them up and they confirmed that the amount has been debited twice. I'm unable to proceed with the process of completing the transaction on your site(Progress: 79% Complete ) and therefore have not received any email from your side. I would like to request you to please send a void slip to my bank so that I'm not charged for these incomplete transactions. Also, I'm interested in buying the above mentioned insurance plan probably by using another Credit card but I'm not sure if your site has some issues. Kindly revert back asap. Regards,

Those transactions have not gone through and you were not charged anything so far. What you have seen and experienced were simply the authorization attempts and NOT transactions. It often happens with foreign credit cards that the transactions don't go through. However, that is because of the security measures taken by your own bank and not because of any restriction or malfunction on our side.

Our web site is working properly and numerous transactions have succeeded throughout the day.

You can apply online again at https://www.insubuy.com/patriot-amer...cal-insurance/

Please feel free to contact us at any time if you have any other questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Narendra,
      Thanks for your response. My bank requires a void slip from your side so that they can credit the already debited amount back to my account. I would therefore like to request you to please send a void slip to my bank. I would wait for your response regarding the same to get the amount credited back and then use my Citibank card (which I have used earlier on your site) to buy the insurance.

Comment

You have not been charged anything and therefore there is nothing to void.

Otherwise also, I don't have any technical way of generating anything like "void slip".
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Narendra,
          Is there any other technical way by which the site can let my bank know about this transactions?
          They are basically awaiting an update from the merchant's side to credit the amount to my account. Else, they would credit it back only if the amount is not claimed by the merchant in 30 days from the transaction date.

Comment

I have forwarded your query to both the IT department as well as finance department to see if they have any further information. They will respond earliest by tomorrow as today is Sunday.

I will let you know as soon as I have any update.

However, from what I can tell, your credit card has not been charged. Therefore, there is nothing to cancel/credit back.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

My reply was confirmed by the supervisor in the department that handles such queries:

>>>>
              Hi Narendra,

I see a purchase and charge made this morning. I have searched under the credit card number prior to today and showed no charges made. I have also searched by the amount given, $48.75 and find nothing for this amount charged since July 3rd, but still nothing charged to the credit card number referenced below. At this point I would have to say that the card was not charged. I noticed that the cert purchased this morning was completed with a different credit card.

Best regards,
              David
              >>>>>>>>>>

As I said before, no charges were made earlier.

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
              Thanks & Regards
              Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X