Pre-existing conditions coverage visitors insurance for USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-existing conditions coverage visitors insurance for USA

We talked briefly on the phone yesterday. I am looking to buy insurance for 6 months for my dad (63) and mom (59) and wanted your suggestions. Both are diabetes patients.

I am trying to decide between two plans: Patriot America (cheaper, more coverage) vs Atlas America (coverage for life threatening event for existing condition). Due to this coverage, I am inclined more towards Atlas America. However, I am not sure how much Hygeia is accepted. The hospital in Danbury accepts First Health plan for Patriot but has no mention of Hygeia even though Hygeia claims on its website that it is accepted by Danbury Hospital.

Can you guide me in the right direction? How do I make sure Danbury Hospital indeed accepts Hygeia?

Also, can you please provide details about Citizen Secure? For this reason, I wanted to talk to you over the phone.

When you get a chance (I can wait until after you return to the US), can you please give me a call? I'd really like to discuss Citizen Secure with you, or just discuss my plans with you so that I can seek proper guidance from you.

No plan really covers pre-existing conditions for visitors to United States.
    No company can really afford to do so.

First Health is widely accepted. Even though many providers come in the network in Hygeia, when you call them, they say that they have never heard of Hygeia before. It is a frequent occurance. Only way to make sure that they accept Hygeia is to call them and ask them.

I know why you are looking into Citizen Secure. It says "It will cover pre-existing conditions if disclosed on application and not excluded by rider". But in over 7 years that I am doing this, I have never seen any problem listed on application not being excluded. Therefore, it is the same as pre-existing conditions not being covered.

Even when I am on trip to India, I pretty much work every day, at least partially. Only problem is the time difference. I will certainly call you back as soon as possible. I would have called you yesterday itself, but out of 3 ISPs I have got in India during my visit, only the one with mobile data card is working and it does not support my office phones. It looks like there is a major disruption of internet service in India right now due to some submarine cables being cut by some ship in the ocean somewhere.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks for such a quick and detailed response, Mr Khatri.

So I am assuming from your response that First Health is better accepted than Hygeia and therefore am seriously inclined towards selecting Patriot America. The only reason I am still considering Atlas America is because of the "$15000 coverage for the onset of the life threatening event on a pre-existing condition". Is this information true?

Thanks for the information on the Citizen Secure plan. You read my mind correctly and answered the question I had. Thanks, I am no longer considering that option.

Comment

Yes, First Health PPO network is more recognizd than Hygeia PPO network.

Yes, Atlas covers up to $15,000 for acute onset of pre-existing conditions for people below 70 years of age. However, it is a new feature and not many people had experience in using that. Therefore, we have not yet received any (good or bad) feedback.

You can buy either of them online at https://www.insubuy.com
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

I just spoke to Alisa in your office. She was very helpful in answering my one last question regarding Patriot vs Atlas insurance for my parents who are both under 70. She mentioned that even though Atlas suggests that their direct billing is thru the Hygeia network, they do accept the First Health network plans and the First Health logo is on their ID card. If this is true, then even though a little expensive (not that much), I would consider Atlas over Patriot. I do understand that you don't have experience with this new feature Atlas offers.

Can you please confirm that claims for Atlas America will be covered by the First Health PPO network? I am talking about only one facility: Danbury Hospital in Danbury,CT

Thanks and Happy New Year

Comment

It is not exactly like that. To the best of my knowledge, Hygeia rents/leases some providers listing from other networks in some parts of the country. And First Health is one of them. Therefore, Atlas America has First Health logo as well on it. Some providers listed on the provider directory may directly be contracted with Hygeia or may be contracted with other network such as First Health and Hygeia has some arrangement with First Health regarding that provider.

However, that does not mean all the providers in First Health are part of the Hygeia network. And there is no way to know which provider is direclty contracted with Hygeia and which one is being used indirectly.

I hope that clarifies.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Thanks for all your help and guidance. Following up on our discussion, since Danbury Hospital accepts FirstHealth and since Hygeia has a relationship with FirstHealth to cover Danbury Hospital, I have decided to buy Atlas America (Hygeia network) for the 6 months my parents would stay in the US.

Comment

That's fine. You can buy it online at
                Visitor Insurance - Visitor Medical Insurance for USA. Visitor Health Insurance for relatives visiting United States

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any other questions.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Update:

Atlas America Insurance currently participates in multiple PPO networks such as First Health, PHCS and CMN.

Therefore, it is provides a very wide network of providers. You can search for the providers in the network at HCCMIS PPO Network.
                  Thanks & Regards
                  Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X