Visitor medical insurance for my father aged 79 yrs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitor medical insurance for my father aged 79 yrs

Hello - I see there is a lot of information and views on this topic. My father is visiting me next week (I am US citizen and he is coming on tourist visa). I want to buy insurance for him here - my father is old 79 years but generally healthy. I would like to hear advice whether he can get insurance, what policy to buy, how much coverage I shld go for, how much deductible. Thank you

Yes, he can buy the insurance.

We have several different products available to choose from.

Please look at https://www.insubuy.com/ Please enter your criteria and you will see different products available. You will the prices and details. You can also compare them side by side. And purchase the one you like online.

If you have any further specific questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Visitor medical insurance for my father aged 79 yrs

Thanks Narendra. I went thru the website to narrow down the options and want to clarify few more points.

1. My father will stay for 3 months in California with my sister and then 3 months with me in New York. Since the criteria form asks for State, does it make any difference which state he is going to stay?

2. It seems like Patriot America and Protection America are the two good plans for me. Patriot seems cheaper although on detailed comparison, both seem to be similar except for min 3 months purchase for Patriot. So I assume Patriot is best for me. Your advice here please?

3. On Nov 9th 2009, my father will turn 80 yrs. So I am thinking of insuring him at rates for 75-79 yrs bracket until then - but what do I do when he turns 80? The detailed comparison between Patriot and Protection shows Patriot coverage for 80+ as max. $10,000 and Protection is $15,000. Based on this is Protection better for me or shld I then shop for new insurance? If I search for new insurance for 80-84 yrs, Diplomat Long Term seems like a good option? Your advice - because this is getting complicated due to age change. Thanks a lot.

Comment

1. Some plans are NOT available in some states. e.g., Atlas America is NOT available in New York. Therefore, please choose NY as your state.

2. Both the plans are from the same company and essentially provide the same coverage, except one thing. Patriot America must be purchased for minimum 3 months initiallly in order to be able to renew in future, while Protection America can be purchased for any duration and still be renewed.

3. Yes, you can buy Diplomat LongTerm. In fact, you buy for the whole duration he is here. While he is 70-79, it will be $100,000 and when he turns 80, it will be reduced to $50,000.

However, please note that in Diplomat LongTerm, the maximum coverage is $1,000 for sicknesses within first 30 days. Therefore, those first 30 days, please consider buying Patriot Trip Elite which provides coverage only for first 30 days and you need to buy that before he starts his trip.

I hope that answers all your questions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them here, or contact us at any time.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Update:

Regarding the availability of Atlas America Insurance and the New York state, please read

Insubuy insurance guide for international travel insurance including visitors insurance, international student medical insurance and trip cancellation insurance
          Thanks & Regards
          Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X