Policy maximum reset when renewing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policy maximum reset when renewing

Hi I would like some clarification about policy maximum. If i take coverage on a renewable plan (protection america) initially for 24 days, for a policy maximum of $50000, have an incident on the 20th day that incurs $50000 in medical expenditure. Then I decide to renew the policy on the 21st day of the initial 24-day policy period and incur further medical expenses. For expenses incurred in the extended policy period, do I get another policy maximum of $50000? Thanks.

No, you don't get another $50,000.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Hi Narendra,

Many thanks for your reply. I have just one more question. I am sorry to bother you, basically I am looking for a cheaper alternative to buying a $100,000 for a 75 year old woman, the only comprehensive policy with this limit is the one that is renewable only with a 3-month coverage. I need the option of renewing, but I only need a policy for 24 days (duration of visit), and I prefer a 100,000 limit to a 50000 limit.

Am i allowed to have two policies taken out for the same person? In other words, can I obtain one policy for 24 days, non-renewable for policies <3months, 100,000$ policy limit. And a second one for $50,000 FOR 24 days, renewable, $50000 Limit. Hypothetically, If i use the 100,000 policy for an illness, can i continue with the 50000 renewable policy for the same illness?

Thanks, and I apologize once again for my confusion.

Regards,

Comment

I don't recommend two policies because both policies would be considered secondary to the other one. And both companies would ask you to go to the other one first. And that may create more hassles for you as they would have to coordinate the benefits.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X