Insurance for New Born

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for New Born

I would like to know whether I can get insurance for a new born baby.
    I have an insurance which will cover maternity but when I inquired with my insurance company about new born babies they mentioned that there would be coverage only upto $500 per year.

May be after adding the new born in the insurance they would provide proper coverage.

But I want to know whether I can get insurance which would cover emergencies if any at the time of delivery.

Your questions are not very clear.

Where are you currently located? If in the U.S., what is your legal status?

What insurance you currently have?
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Originally posted by narendra View Post
      Your questions are not very clear.

Where are you currently located? If in the U.S., what is your legal status?

What insurance you currently have?
      I am located in connecticut.
      I am here on L1 visa.
      Our group insurance covers maternity, but when I inquired for insurance coverage for newborn they mentioned that it would be only $500 for a year.
      Other colleagues of mine in this group insurance have a proper insurance coverage for their kids. May be I too will get that after the child is included in the insurance (yet to inquire about this). But I want to know whether I would have to purchase insurance for the period till the child gets included in the insurance and how much would it cost.

Thanks

Comment

I don't have any knowledge about your group insurance. Therefore, I could be completely wrong.

However, I think you have some misunderstanding.

Generally, if the maternity is covered, the newborn child is covered up to 1 month as well. And you immediately add the child after the birth in your insurance.

I suggest that you talk to your HR department again or if they are not sure, you talk to their group health insurance agent again and clarify it.

You don't have any other option to buy the insurance for your new born. You will not find any other insurance in open market, not at least the child is at least 6 weeks old in any case, or in most cases, until the child is 2 years old if you are buying for child only.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X