Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Insurance - Need Help

Hello,

My Wife came to US on a H4 Dependent Visa on June 28th 2019.

I am currently on H1 visa and I am insured through Marketplace via Amerihealth (NOT THROUGH EMPLOYER).

I have made all the necessary changes to the marketplace application to add a dependent and it said you are not eligible for current special/open enrollment period and should wait till the 2020 enrollment starts sometime in late 2019.

So, for the time being until I add her through Marketplace as my dependent, what are my options ??

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by daredevil.gkc View Post
    Hello,

My Wife came to US on a H4 Dependent Visa on June 28th 2019.

I am currently on H1 visa and I am insured through Marketplace via Amerihealth (NOT THROUGH EMPLOYER).

I have made all the necessary changes to the marketplace application to add a dependent and it said you are not eligible for current special/open enrollment period and should wait till the 2020 enrollment starts sometime in late 2019.

So, for the time being until I add her through Marketplace as my dependent, what are my options ??

Thanks in advance.
    Although open enrollment is in Nov-Dec, she should qualify for a special enrollment period for 60 days after she moved to the US. 60 days is just over, but she might still qualify if she tried to enroll within the 60-day special enrollment period and was incorrectly told she can't enroll.

Comment

Originally posted by insubuy
      You can purchase International Major medical plan using link below,
      https://www.insubuy.com/internationa...cal-insurance/

We have many other plans. Please call our office at (866)INSUBUY and any of our licensed agent will be glad to help you to select the most suitable plan based on your needs.

Insubuy Inc.
      (866)INSUBUY
      Visitors insurance for relatives visiting USA, international travel medical insurance for tourists, international students, exchange visitors, new immigrants and travel insurance

Hey insubuy.

My dependents were with me in USA from January till July.
      After they left, I stopped insurance for them and switched to employee only plan.

Now, my dependents are visiting me again in October but only for two weeks.

So, Do I need to add them to my employer's insurance plan as family plan?
      or
      Can I buy a visitor insurance plan for them for these two weeks?

I read your old posts, where you said we can buy visitors insurance only if spouse is not eligible to buy domestic insurance from my employer.
      Is that applicable here? What do you mean by that?

Please clarify and confirm.
      Thanks.

Comment

I have a similar situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X