Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• insubuy
    replied
    In that case your home country should be Thailand. You are right, we need the country of residence for the repatriation not to negate the claim.

For insurance purpose home country means if you spend 6m or more in some country other than your country of citizenship. That is your home country where you get your mail and your residence.

I hope this clarifies your question.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Leave a comment:

• submittedviaemail
    replied
    I want insurance for the USA,
    thanks
    Is the 'country of resdence' information needed due to repatriating someone in that event. Or is it a fine detail that has been used to negate a claim? Its quite difficult to define clearly what is a home country or a residence country when a person has been travelling for a few years ( i would have thought citizenship was the important issue and also information of where repatriating was needed to in that event)- and i havent seen it explained on any insurance sites.
    Thanks a lot for your help,

Leave a comment:

• insubuy
    replied
    Which country do you need insurance coverage?

Please let me know so that i can give you the right advise.

Leave a comment:

• definition of home country for my insurance

I wish to buy medical insurance but am unsure as to youre definition of 'home country'. I am a citizen of the Uk but have lived in Thailand for a few years as a tourist. i have not been to the uk in 3 years. Would my home country be thailand or the uk, thankyou,

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X