Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Travel Insurance for US Visit

Hi,

My wife is travelling along with our 7 months old daughter to US for 89 days from India. I checked through various options and shortlisted Patriot America, Atlas America & Protection America. Now I am wondering which one to finalize as the prices are varying from 150 USD for Atlas to 300 USD for Protection America. Patriot America is falling in between at around 205 USD.

Can you suggest me the pros & cons for all these 3 plans.

They are scheduled to come back to India after 89 days and the trip is not likely to get extended.

Regards,

Which state she is visiting?

If she is not Visiting NY you can go for Atlas America because that plan is family friendly plan.
    If one parent insured child under 9yrs get free insurance.

If she is visiting NY then either you go for Patriot America or Protection America.
    Patriot America if you need to renew the policy mini. you have to go for 3m.
    While protection america you can renew the policy even though if you go for less than 3m.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

She will be visiting California. Any specific reason on why you are not
      suggesting Atlas America for NY?

Also is there any difference in their reputation or claim processing aspects
      between these 3 plans? Are all part of First Health PPO networks?

Regards,

Comment

Atlas America plan is not available in State of NY. If she goes there for
        sightseeing. That's fine.

Both plans are very similar from 2diff. companies. Most of the comprehensive
        plan has a ppo network.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

Thanks.

So, in your opinion, Atlas America has a good reputation and i can go ahead
          with it?

Regards,

Comment

Yes, you can purchase Atlas Ameica for your family.
            Thanks & Regards
            Insubuy

Comment

Thanks. One last confirmation - So, there is no difference between
              Atlas & Patriot in terms of their reputation, PPO coverage, Claim
              processing, etc, except for the NY factor.

Reason I am asking is that the difference is approx 50 USD and if there is
              any advantage of Patriot over Atlas, then I can prefer the former.

Regards,

Comment

I already told you Atlas America is a family friendly plan. Patriot is NOT.

We are a broker and we provide insurance from many companies, we work for
                our client not for some perticular insurance company.
                We suggest some plan that suits our client requirements.

I gave you my suggestion. You can go for whatever plan you think is the
                best.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.
                Thanks & Regards
                Insubuy

Comment

Thanks Jagruti.

I will go ahead with Atlas America. Just few more queries:

- Will I get the ID card immediately on purchasing online
                  - Will any documents be mailed to me by the insurance company or you
                  - This policy will also cover any general OPD consultancy visits, right
                  - Will this policy cover the scenario wherein something happens during the
                  flight and I take treatment in the stop-over country, say Hong-Kong. (Though
                  My insurance plan will be for USA)
                  - For Dependent children, all expense limits and policies & procedures will
                  be same as those for adults, right?
                  - What is the ideal coverage - Wife + 7 months' old kid (California stay
                  for 90 days) - 100,000 USR or should I go with 200,000 USD

Regards,

Comment

Answers for your questions.

1.Yes sir, you will receive confirmation by e-mail immediately and you can print the temp. id card
                    2. Physical card will be mailed to you next business days on whichever address you want us to mail the card
                    3. It will cover any accident, sickness or injuries after the eff. date as long as it's not pre-existing or its preventive care.
                    4. Yes. You can start the coverage date one day before their arrival date in USA. So their travelling time is covered. This international insruance person gets coverage everywhere in the world except your home country.
                    5. Yes, Whatever max you take that is per person for adult as well as for child.
                    6. You can go for whatever max coverage you can afford. There is not much diff. betn $100k and $200k.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
                    Thanks & Regards
                    Insubuy

Comment

I have purchased the Atlas America insurance through your website. In the confirmation mail, the following is mentioned in the beginning. Please let me know what is its implications and will I be having any issues in claims when I am there in California state?

Appendix 2

NOTICE:

1. THE INSURANCE POLICY THAT YOU HAVE PURCHASED IS BEING ISSUED BY

AN INSURER THAT IS NOT LICENSED BY THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA. THESE COMPANIES ARE CALLED "NONADMITTED" OR "SURPLUS LINE" INSURERS.

2. THE INSURER IS NOT SUBJECT TO THE FINANCIAL SOLVENCY REGULATION

AND ENFORCEMENT THAT APPLY TO CALIFORNIA LICENSED INSURERS.

3. THE INSURER DOES NOT PARTICIPATE IN ANY OF THE INSURANCE

GUARANTEE FUNDS CREATED BY CALIFORNIA LAW. THEREFORE, THESE FUNDS WILL NOT PAY YOUR CLAIMS OR PROTECT YOUR ASSETS IF THE INSURER BECOMES INSOLVENT AND IS UNABLE TO MAKE PAYMENTS AS PROMISED.

4. CALIFORNIA MAINTAINS A LIST OF ELIGIBLE SURPLUS LINE INSURERS

APPROVED BY THE INSURANCE COMMISSIONER. ASK YOUR AGENT OR BROKER IF THE INSURER IS ON THAT LIST, OR VIEW THAT LIST AT THE INTERNET WEB SITE OF THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE: www.insurance.ca.gov.

5. FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THE INSURER YOU SHOULD ASK

QUESTIONS OF YOUR INSURANCE AGENT, BROKER, OR "SURPLUS LINE" BROKER OR CONTACT THE CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF INSURANCE, AT THE FOLLOWING TOLL-FREE TELEPHONE NUMBER: 1-800-927-4357.

6. IF YOU, AS THE APPLICANT, REQUIRED THAT THE INSURANCE POLICY YOU

HAVE PURCHASED BE BOUND IMMEDIATELY, EITHER BECAUSE EXISTING COVERAGE WAS GOING TO LAPSE WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS OR BECAUSE YOU WERE REQUIRED TO HAVE COVERAGE WITHIN TWO BUSINESS DAYS, AND YOU DID NOT RECEIVE THIS DISCLOSURE FORM AND A REQUEST FOR YOUR SIGNATURE UNTIL AFTER COVERAGE BECAME EFFECTIVE, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THIS POLICY WITHIN FIVE DAYS OF RECEIVING THIS DISCLOSURE. IF YOU CANCEL COVERAGE, THE PREMIUM WILL BE PRORATED AND ANY BROKER’S FEE CHARGED FOR THIS INSURANCE WILL BE RETURNED TO YOU.

Comment

That is applicable to CA resident. Your wife is NOT a California resident.

You have put CA address that's why you got that notice.

If that plan is not available in state of CA, i would not suggest that plan to you.
                        Thanks & Regards
                        Insubuy

Comment

Thanks Jagruti. Appreciate all your help in this regard.

Comment

You are more than welcome.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us.
                            Thanks & Regards
                            Insubuy

Comment

Just wanted to check by when I should expect the documents at my mailing
                              address?

Regards,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X