Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries regarding Visitors Insurance

Hi,

My parents are visiting US and I was looking for insurance on your website.
    I am looking for comprehensive insurance and I am inclined towards Atlas America.

After going through the Plan benefits overview and Brochure I have some queries regarding the benefits and procedure.

Would highly appreciate your help with the below queries:

1. I understand that Atlas America covers for acute onset of Pre-existing condition for amount up to USD 15000. Is there any additional rider that we have to get for this coverage?

2. What exactly is Acute onset or sudden outbreak of pre-existing conditions?

3. Some of the insurance terms anything that is diagnosed within first X number of days (say 30 Days) as pre-existing condition? Is there any similar type of restrictions in case of Atlas America ?

4. How does the claim process work? I thought that since this is a US based Insurance, we need not file any claim and upon presenting a card hospitals/doctor’s office would be able to bill the provider. But brochure describes something about filing a claim?
    If filling of claims is just for informing Insurance company, do we need to collect medical records/reports etc. and submit that along with the claim?

5. Atlas America plan is underwritten by Lloyds, London . Do service providers or we need to send all the claims to Lloyds or HCCMIS? What is role of HCCMIS in the claim settlement? Do they work as sort of TPA where as claims are actually decided upon outside of USA ?

6. If my parents have to cut short their visit, can we get the pro-rate refund for the unused period?

7. Are the prescription drugs also covered in Atlas America insurance?

8. I understand that Atlas America is not available for residents of NY. My parents are not going to reside in the state of NY. However they would be visiting NY State for couple of days. So if they have to use the medical services there, will it be covered in the policy?

Thanks and regards,

Please call us at (866) INSU-BUY.

We will be happy to answer all your questions in details.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Answers to the query

Hi Jagruti,
      Can you post the replies here also for the benefit of other immihelp members.
      Regards,
      Paras

Comment

I can answer them.

1. No. It is covered as part of the plan by default.

2. Please read Pre-existing conditions coverage in Atlas America.

3. There is no such restriction in Atlas America.

4. Filing a claim does not necessarily mean first paying the expenses and filing for reimbursement.

Please read Visitors Insurance Claims Process for further information.

5. HCCMIS is the administrator of the plan. Therefore, you (or the providers) have to contact only HCCMIS for claims, never Lloyds.

6. After the effective date of the policy, you get the refund for pro-rated duration minues $25 cancellation fee, as long as no claims have been filed since the original effective date.

7. Yes, they are. After the deductible (one combined deductible for everything), it will be covered at 80% for first $5,000 in medical expenses (you pay 20%), and then it will be covered 100% up to the selected policy maximum.

8. Yes, that is not a problem. We have explained that in the sample application at Atlas America Insurance - Sample Application

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us at any time or post them here.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X