Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-existing condition coverage visitors insurance - Atlas America

Hi,

My mother-in-law has Type-1 diabetis and is planning to visit us. The Atlas insurance offers 15K acute onset of pre-existing condition. I have 2 questions,

1. If we ever have to use the hospital services, it is quite likely going to be above 15K - in that case, would having the insurance help in getting the insurance negotiated rate (UCR) for all the services above the 15K?

2. There is a fine print in the brochure under Exclusions that reads "Charges for use of Emergency Room within the US for treatment of illness unless that patient is directly admitted to the hospital as inpatient".. I dont understand this one - does this mean we can't use the emergency room in case of an emergency such as acute onset of symptoms?

Thanks
    Mk

1. I am assuming your mother in law is below the age of 70 years. As long as the charges are for an acute onset of pre-existing conditions, entire expenses would be repriced and then Atlas America would pay $15,000 from that repriced amount. That is really a good deal.

<<NOTE>>: As this answer is quite useful to many people in various situations, we have generalized it and posted at Visitors Health Insurance in USA - Choosing a right medical provider instead. Therefore, we removed it from here to avoid duplication of content.

I hope that answers all your questions.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Thanks Narendra, that makes sense.

One follow up question - for Atlas America what is the minimum number of days that I should buy the policy for to be able to extend it? Or if I buy for all 6 months, can I cancel the remaining portion if my mother-in-law's I-94 validity is for a shoter duration?

Comment

1. Extension.

You can buy for a minimum of 5 days in order to be able to extend it. After that, you can extend for as little as one day, an exclusive feature from Insubuy. For every renewal, $5 renewal fee applies but the overall premium remains the same.

Cancellation.

As long as no claims have been submitted since the original effective date, you get the refund for pro-rated duration minus $25 cancellation fee.

You can buy Atlas America Insurance

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy
        Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
        Local: (972) 985-4400
        Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X