Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visitors insurance for parents from India

hi Narendra,

My parents are visiting US for 3-6 months (visit period is flexible). I had almost decided to buy insurance from India Network health insurance, but after reading some of the reviews I am now confused.

My father is 77 and does not have any major heath issues and my mother is 65 with hypertension (under control). What would be a good health insurance plan.

I did appreciate your suggestion
    thanks

You can certainly consider purchasing Atlas America Insurance.

It is a comprehensive coverage plan and covers an acute onset of pre-existing conditions for persons below the age of 70 years up to $15,000. This basically means that if they have a controlled pre-existing condition, and they experience an unforeseen recurrence of this condition, and so long as they seek medical treatment within 24 hours of that recurrence, then it will pay up to $15,000 for that.

Certain advantages:
    1. Atlas America is a comprehensive coverage plan. That means, there are no individual sub-limits that exist in the fixed coverage plans.

2. There is no application fee or membership fee.

Acute Onset of Pre-existing conditions:

A. It is included by default for persons below the age of 70 years. You don't have to buy the rider or pay extra for it.

B. As long as it is an acute onset of pre-existing condition, both inpatient and outpatient services are covered. There is no ban on outpatient services coverage (such as rushing to ER or getting outpatient lab, x-ray, ECG etc.)

4. Atlas America participates in First Health/PHCS PPO network. You can always go to any Dr you wish, no restrictions. But if you go to the providers in the network, they usually recognize the insurance, bill the insurance company directly and also charge you only the network negotiated fees which are discounted from their normal fees in most cases. You get the health insurance card with PPO logos on it. Just take them to the providers and they will take care of it from there.

I hope that answers your questions.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to post them or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X