Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance help !

Hello !

I am considering buying visitor insurance for my parents. Which would be the best available insurance available in the market right now in terms of best network and someone whom I would not need to call each time my parents perhaps need to visit a doctor or get some treatment? Further, if I need help from the insurance agents taking part in replying to queries in this forum, would it be available?

Protection America is the best visitors medical insurance. Please read http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8268

My name is Narendra Khatri & I am a licensed insurance agent at InsuBuy.com, located in Herndon, Virginia.
    If you have any questions, you can reach us at 1-866-INSU-BUY (9 AM to 11 PM Eastern, 7 days a week.) Anyone that answers the phone call is a licensed & experienced insurance agent in USA as well, ensuring high quality of service. Particuarly, my extension is 112.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

Please help NKhatri (Narendra Khatri) regarding medical insurance

NKhatri,

I have to buy medical insurance for my parents in this week. They are on visitor visa from India and visiting us here at USA and hoping to stay for 8 months. I have read the thread regarding the IMG (Visitors Care or Protection America) the best insurance and so on.

I have a question: which is the best insurance by comparing IMG insurance (Visitors Care or Protection America) vs ****

In *** insurance they will cover the preexisting conditions once you have been with the policy for six months and without any break in the policy.
      In IMG insurance (Visitors Care or Protection America), they will not cover the preexisting conditions even if you had the policy for minimum six months.

Please help me to decide which is the best option for me as I need to buy the medical insurance in this week for my parents.

Thanks,

03N400APPLICANT

Comment

We had to remove that plan name to avoid any hassles by them.

Now, to answer your question,

Visitors Care is better insurance in fixed coverage category.

Visitors Care has policy deductible only once per entire policy. Other one has per every sickness.

Visitors Care covers emergency medical evacuation up to $50,000 vs. $15,000 in other.

Visitors Care has $250 for prescription drugs per policy period while $100/sickness in other.

Other coverages for x-rays/labs are better in Visitors Care.

Visitors Care plan has $100,000 coverage option for age 70-79, other doesn't.

Visitors Care does not have any application fee nor membership fee while other one does.

Visitors Care can be purchased for exact numbers of days (pro-rated premium) and can be renewed for as little as 5 days, while other one can't be.

And most visitors are going to stay in US for up to 6 months, and therefore covering pre-existing after 6 months does not apply to most people.
        If I were you, I would ask for some proof or reasonable explanation of the cases what type of pre-existing conditions were actually covered after 6 months.

No short term visitor medical insurance plan can afford to pay for pre-existing conditions as it is not financially feasible for any company to cover that. They will end up paying more money compared to what they get in the premium. If any one continues to cover, they will be out of business pretty soon. Look at the examples of TravelGuard and Travelex that covered pre-existing conditions in past, with several ifs and buts. Now that they had so many claims coming in, they realized the mistake they made and now they no longer sell insurance to non-US residents.
        Thanks & Regards
        Insubuy

Comment

And of course, that was the comparison for fixed category.

Protection America is the best in comprehensive coverage category.
          Thanks & Regards
          Insubuy

Comment

Thank you very much Nkhatri

NKhatri,

I will talk to the other insurance and find out the extent of preexisting conditions coverage. I am sorry I did not realize that I should not use the other insurance's name.

One more question, either it is fixed or comprehensive coverage still (IMG - Visitors Care or Protection America ) will not be covering for pre-existing conditions. Am I correct in my assumption????

My dad has bypass surgery done six years ago and he has diabetes, so that's why I am trying to find which is the best insurance.

Thanks,

03N400APPLICANT

Comment

Neither the fixed coverage nor the comprehensive coverage will cover any pre-existing conditions.

Both the heart disease and diabetes will be considered as ongoing chronic diseases, and they would not have happened overnight after the effective date of the policy.
              Thanks & Regards
              Insubuy

Comment

Regarding the Id cards

Hi
                If i purchase medical insurance today how soon will i get the physical id cards? i know i will receive the virtual ones in email but when do i receive the actual cards?
                let me know.

Comment

Actual cards will be mailed to you next business day, by regular first class mail by US postal service.

Postal service may take anywhere from 1 to 5 days to deliver such mail.
                  Thanks & Regards
                  Insubuy

Comment

Insurance help!

My mother is visting me in next couple of days . She is asthmatic but did not had any asthma attack for last 24 months . So if we have to take her to doctor due to any unforseen attack during her stay here would that be considered PRE- EXISTING condition and the short term visitor insurance (Comprehenive or fixed) not pay it ,or would this be covered . I would appreciate a quick reply to finalize my decision.

Comment

Asthma is generally considered a chronic condition. She may not have had an attack but if she’s had any treatment or symptoms, that still counts. Coverage would depend on the medical records insurance company gets from her treating physician.

It is very difficult to be more definite, but they review case by case.
                      Thanks & Regards
                      Insubuy

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X