Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical insurance for my mom with pre-existing condition

Hi everyone,

This is a wonderful forum, I would like to thank all the contributors and moderators for making this forum a possibility.

Here is my situation. I have been staying in US for some time now and presently expecting my first child. I would like to bring my mother to US for about 3-4 months during my 3rd trimester.

Presently, she has certian health conditions - firstly, she is diabetic and regularly gets a urinary track infection (which is now under control) after taking long term antibiotics. While in India she regularly gets culture and blood tests done every month. I know the cost of medical treatment and test are very huge in the US, therefore I need urgent suggestions.

In order to make sure her infection is in control she needs to get a culture tests done on a regular basis (at least once in a month) while she is here in the USA. Is their any insurance which would take care of the cost test and doctor consultations ?

Can I get a prescription from India and get these tests done directly in any labs or hospitals in the US? How does it work?

I would greatly appreciate if anyone could provide your suggestions or experiences in this matter.

Thanks in advance.
    Anita

Such routine tests and anticipated treatment is not covered by any visitors insurance from any company anywhere.

You will have to pay for them yourself.

You can't just go to the U.S. lab with the prescription from India. You will have to visit the U.S. doctor and they can prescribe the test they feel necessary. You will have to pay for all of those expensese yourself.

However, it is still important to buy visitors insurance for her, because you never know what unexpected new medical conditions she may get into after visiting the U.S. Therefore, I suggest that you visit https://www.insubuy.com and enter your criteria. You will see all different products with their prices. You can compare them side by side and make an instant purchase online.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post them here or contact us at any time.
    Thanks & Regards
    Insubuy
    Toll Free: (866) INSUBUY
    Local: (972) 985-4400
    Fax: (972) 767-4470

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X