Addition of Spouse Name in Indian Passport
While completing an online application, in the 'service desired' field, choose option 'Re-issue of Passport'.

Additional Documents
  • If you would like the name of your spouse in your passport who is a foreign citizen, one of the following documents are needed:
    • Marriage certificate issued by the Indian Mission:

    • Marriage certificate issued by foreign government, duly attested/apostille either by:
      • The Indian Mission/Post in the jurisdiction where the marriage certificate was issued.

      • By marriage certificate issued in India by Indian authorities (Marriage officer/Registrar of marriage)

    • Marriage certificate issued by foreign embassy/high commission/consulate of that country in India (to which the foreign spouse is a citizen).