- Application Submission
- Photograph Requirements
- Passport Guidelines
- Online Application Guide
- Processing and Tracking
- Processing Times
- My Account
- New Passport or Renewal of Passport
- Damaged/Lost Passport
- Emergency Travel Document
- Passport-Children up to 18 years of age
- Minor Passport FAQ
- Indian Passport-US Child-Indian Parent
- Name Change - Complete
- Name Change - Splitting Name
- Name Change - From Maiden to Married
- Addition of Spouse's Name
- Deletion of Spouse's Name
- Change of Date and Place of Birth
- Change of Appearance
- Change of Address
- Tatkal Passport
Indian Passport - Change of Name - Maiden to Married
While completing an online application, in the 'service desired' field, choose option 'Re-issue of Passport'.
While filling the online application, enter the 'surname' and 'given names' as per the new names you would like to appear in your new passport.
For change of name from maiden to married or vice versa, the following additional documents are required:
- Notarized affidavit
- Notarized copy of the first and last page of passport of spouse.
- A joint photograph.
- Notarized copy of marriage certificate or divorce deed duly authenticated by court, as applicable.
- In case of re-married spouse (apply for change of name / spouse name in case of re-marriage after divorce or death of spouse), divorce deed or death certificate, as applicable,
with respect to her first spouse should be submitted.