Indian Passport - Change of Name - Maiden to Married
While completing an online application, in the 'service desired' field, choose option 'Re-issue of Passport'.

While filling the online application, enter the 'surname' and 'given names' as per the new names you would like to appear in your new passport.

Additional Documents
For change of name from maiden to married or vice versa, the following additional documents are required:
  • Notarized affidavit

  • Notarized copy of the first and last page of passport of spouse.

  • A joint photograph.

  • Notarized copy of marriage certificate or divorce deed duly authenticated by court, as applicable.

  • In case of re-married spouse (apply for change of name / spouse name in case of re-marriage after divorce or death of spouse), divorce deed or death certificate, as applicable, with respect to her first spouse should be submitted.