Proof of Name Change - OCI Application
If you are former citizen of India, and if your your name in the U.S. (or foreign) passport is different than the one in your prior Indian passport or Indian government issued document, a copy of one of the following documents must be submitted:
  • Marriage Certificate showing the name change if the name was changed at marriage.

  • Official court order for the name change

  • Endorsement of name change during the naturalization process.

In case the middle name was changed to an initial, a notarized statement letter is required.