Hi. I recently attempted to enter the US on a J1 visa which was revoked at border control. The CO had found evidence of work under an ESTA in my previous 2 visits to the US and I had obviously not put this in my application for the J1.
I was told I could apply again for a J1 by the CO following my interview therefore I had not been banned from any visa application process.
I am now wondering what my options are and the likelihood of being accepted for either a B1/2 or other temporary work visas in the future?
Need suggestions on travel to India when OPT is expiring & STEM-OPT is pending
I am currently on OPT & my current EAD is expiring on 15 July. I have applied for STEM extension and have received the i-797 notice. But the approval is still pending.
I want to go to India to attend my sister's marriage and come back on July 12. Is it advisable to do so?
I am a little skeptical because I will only have 1 working day left in my current OPT. Also, even if the I-797 notice mentions that my current work authorization is extended for another 180 days till my STEM-OPT is pending, I am wondering if this is enough to convince the immigration officer to enter to the US.
My fiance is on F1 visa (OPT with 2 years of experience) we are planning to get married in *January 2020* And his I20 is about to expire in *May 2020* . So what visa should I apply for? F2 (as I20 period is very less are there any chances of rejection?) or B1/B2 ( As per my knowledge, we can stay max 6 months in USA)? What would be the best option for me?
I had my f1 visa interview on 31st may at mumbai consulate and the officer told me that my visa was approved and i would receive a message in a week to collect my passport. But still today the status online is showing administrative processing and last update date is 31st may the day of my interview. Can anyone help me regarding this?
My I-20 document said it covers till the next 3 years, however, I might not be able to continue my education dues to funding issue. Yet, I am in the process of marrying a US citizen and will apply for permanent resident status. If I do not have sponsorship from school to register to the next semester, is my 1-20 still ok to stay in the US or it will be automatically terminated? What kind of status do I have while staying in the US?
My DS2019 says I am not subject to 212(e). Same my visa stamp.
However, my lawyers suggest to ask an Advisory Opinion from DoS, as they should have the final answer. Has anyone ask for an Advisory Opinion? Was the answer aligned with the DS2019/visa stamp? I am not sure if I should "play with the fire".
Please help! If I am subject to, my I-485 will be rejected, and I will have to leave USA.
Urgent query about DS 2019...almost about to start a new program on J1 visa.
I have been issued a J1 research scholar visa by a Research Institute in USA. The Consular Officer signed my original DS 2019 on the day of my interview , however I lost that signed DS 2019 two days later due to a bag theft. I have got a new DS 2019, do I need to get another appointment at the US Consulate to get my new DS 2019 signed? I have a valid J1 visa in my passport. I am travelling in a week's time. Need legal opinion urgently.Thank you
I have applied for J1 research scholar visa after getting my DS-2019. I got my B1B2 issued last year and over the last 12 months I have spent 9 months in the United States in 3 different trips ( one for 2 months, 6 months and 1 month with no overstay). Will my history of travel on B1B2 affect my chances of getting J1 approved?
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.