My husband has been in the US for nearly a year now. I did not go to the US with him thinking I will come on F1 Visa. I have a GRE of 326 and TOEFL of 113. And I graduated from BITS Pilani in 2014. My college has offered me a tiny bit of scholarship as well. I have a one-year masters course.
1. Should I even try to get F1 Visa or should I try directly to get H4 Visa? I would prefer to go on F1 but I am very disheartened looking at negative experiences of married students.
2. Will my chances to get H4 reduce if I get F1 rejection?
Hi everyone, mine is a complicated case. Mine is an IT company and I've been here for 4+ years. My company is headquartered in USA and they find me talented and require my skills in the USA from time to time. They applied for my H1B but it got denied in RFE, after two years they needed my expertise as an SME to meet with a client so they applied for B1 visa and it got rejected. They find me very skillful and make sure to pay me well and now want me to travel to the US on an L1 visa as they need my expertise there, they have tried hiring on site and hired a few consultants but they cheated the company, took the payment and never gave the deliverable. I however have the desire to pursue PhD in the us and have been waiting for the right time to do so. If the company applies for my L1 and it gets accepted I would go through it and apply for PhD later but if L1 is denied and I apply for F1 in the coming months, will it impact my chances of getting a visa as I have so many denials. Let me also mention that I do not have any intention to immigrate, I love my country and will want to settle down in India.
Please guide me, this crossroads is completely scaring me.
I have attended for J1 visa interview along with my wife ( for J2) at Chennai on Jan 30 2020.
The officer gave pink slip and took away passport and DS2019. We send through email the documents like CV the very next day. Still it says administrative processing. My joining date for postdoc is March 2. I am worried now.
Hello every one,
I have a question on my J1 visa rejection. I was working as a teacher under J1 visa from Nov 2013-Jun2018 in USA. I have got J1 waiver before the expiration of j1 in May 2018 to waive the compulsory home country residency for 2 years after expiration of J1. Because I wanted to change my visa to H1b and to work in the USA without returning to India. I was searching for the school county which provides job with h1b, but before that, I have returned to India in Jun 2018 before the expiration of j1 as my family situation had been changed. I did not use the J1 waiver for any reason. My employer in USA said that I need not to stay in India for 2 years based on J1 rule as I have got my waiver. Instead I can come and work in US after one year itself with new J1. As per that I have got a teaching position with the same employer in Jun 2019. My employer sent me the new DS2019. I went for visa interview in Chennai Consulate. Visa got rejected for two times under 214b section in June and July 2019. My question is, Which type of visa application will be advisable in June 2020? J1 with the same employer or different employer (OR) H1b with any agency or direct school district? I want to avoid the risk factors before applying for US Visa in future. Please answer for my question and thanks in advance for your valuable reply.
Hello. I am sorry if this question has been asked before on here. My F1 visa is expiring in June 2020 but my I20 is valid through 2021. I am planning to go back visit my home country (India) for Spring break in March 2020. Will it be ok if I don't renew my visa in March 2020? I just want to make sure my re-entry is not an issue. Thanks in advance.
I am currently studying in the USA with valid I-20 and a student visa expiring in this June. I have read many forums but most of them are not regarding F-1 renewal.
1. I have a week off for spring break in March. Do you think it would be wise for me to try to renew my F-1 based on that timeline? ( five business days).
2. If you think its too short of time for the renewal, when should I start preparing for the renewal if my next and only option is summer break which is in JUNE.
- Should I start filling up the form and look for appointment dates from now if I do it in june? My
choice of consulate is Toronto.
My boy friend works in the US on H1B. I am in India and have applied for MS programs in the US for fall 2020 and am awaiting to hear back on the admit(s). We are also getting married in April.
I'm looking for advice/experience on what the visa option I should apply for?
Option 1: Apply as H4 and move to US. Upon getting an admit, convert to F1 either through COS or travel to India and a new F1 stamp. I've heard COS takes a very long time.
Option 2: Wait till I get an admit and then apply for a F1 directly. What are the risks of rejection for F1 since I would already be married then and my boy friend (husband by then) is working on H1B (PERM initiation yet to begin)?
I'd prefer to study in F1 than on H4 so I can use the F1 benefits like practical training through an internship (additionally, many of the universities I've applied to encourage an internship and assign credits). Secondly, my father would be sponsoring my tuition through a loan and my husband would support me with living expenses.
I am currently study in USA and I have all proper documents but also second time my wife visa F2 rejected due to some people do the stupidity. There was couple before my wife interview and they make argument with the consular on visa rejection, so that impact in my wife visa interview. So guy please do not argue with consular if the get the visa rejected and try for next time and keep trying.
I have my interview for the J1 visa on December 31, 2019, in regards to my postdoc that is starting on Jan. 31, 2020. At the end of the interview I was told that you shall receive an email asking for CV and a questionnaire. Also, VO returned my DS-2019 that was signed and stamped. My passport was kept and not returned. I have submitted my CV and answered the questions.
Now, my case is under administrative processing and I am a little anxious about the time it will take to get a decision. Also, I am concerned about my apartment which I need to occupy at the end of the month. What are your experiences and what are the chances that my case will be decided before the start date of my postdoc.
I have given my visa interview on 10th dec and the vo told my visa got approved and issued green slip indicating my visa is approved and passport will be sent to desired location but after 3 working days i got a mail from consulate that my case needs additional administrative processing and sent ds5535 form to fill up and reply back.after that there is no change in the visa status. It is showing administrative processing since 11 Dec. But my college is going to start from 8th Jan. Had anyone seen a situation like this?
Last status update is on 11 dec.
Passport status went to there is no status update on 26th dec and in login of ustravel docs it is showing "document delivery information blank instead of ur passport is with embassy" from 23rd Dec.
Can i expect my visa before 8th Jan???
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.