For USA immigrant visa in India, please follow the procedure described below:
- Obtain Police Clearance Certificate.
- Complete medical examination.
- If you have already filled the DS-260 form with NVC, ignore this step.
Complete Form DS-260.
To complete Form DS-260, you will need the Invoice ID No and each traveling applicant Beneficiary ID No from the “Notice to Applicant” page of your appointment letter. Alternatively, those two details can also be found on the Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee Bill Invoice that you or your petitioner received prior to paying your IV fees through the NVC. In case your petitioner has lost the Fee Bill Invoice, they can obtain the invoice ID number from NVC.
Please note that once you submit the Form DS-260, you can’t make any changes.
- Print the Form DS-260 confirmation page.
Schedule an Appointment. Follow appropriate instructions as per the below category to determine your appointment requirements:
Category 1: Visa Application Center (VAC) Appointment
- The National Visa Center (NVC) or Kentucky Visa Center (KCC) scheduled your visa interview appointment for an upcoming date.
- It has been more than a year since you first came to the Embassy/Consulate for an immigrant visa interview.
- You wish to make an application for Returning Resident status.
- You have lost your green card and wish to apply for a Boarding Foil (formally a transportation letter) to return to the United States.
- You wish to surrender your green card or abandon your lawful permanent residence.
- Your waiver has been approved.
- You missed your consulate/embassy appointment.
- You were informed by the consulate/embassy that your case is now ready for an interview.
- Complete your profile and also select the pickup location where you would like to receive your passport.
- Bring the following to your Visa Application Center Appointment at VAC:
- Visit the U.S. Embassy/Consulate on the day of your interview with the following documents:
- Interview appointment letter
- Your current and all old passports.
- Form DS-260 confirmation page stamped at the Visa Applicant Center.
- Your police clearance certificate from the Regional Passport Office
- Medical examination report (sealed envelope)
- For applicants below 14 years appearing for an interview without parents, notarized letter from both parents and legal guardian’s photo identification.
- Following to join applicant documents, if applicable
- Photocopy of valid U.S. visa, if applicable
- Any category-specific documents, not already listed above
If your immigrant visa is approved, your passport, the original documents submitted and the immigrant visa envelope will be sent to you at the pick up location you selected earlier.
Unable to Keep Appointment
If you are unable to keep your visa appointment, you must notify the U.S. Embassy/Consulate, stating the details of your case and requesting for a new appointment date for you.
Keep in mind that you will experience a lengthy delay before another appointment can be granted. If your priority date retrogresses in a next month, you will have to wait until it becomes current again.
Visitors InsuranceGet Quotes
For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.Visit insubuy.com or call 1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Claims Process OverviewRead Article
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?