- Sample Visa Rejection Letter
- Administrative Processing
- Document Submission Procedure
- Colored Forms in India
- Green Form: Sample in HTML, PDF
- Blue Form: Sample in HTML, PDF
- Pink Form: Details Sample in PDF
- Inappropriate Consulate
221(g) Refusal at Other Consulate - Reapplication at U.S. Consulate in Chennai
If your U.S. visa was denied under section 221(g) at the U.S. Embassy in New Delhi or the Consulate in Mumbai or Kolkata, and you were instructed to reapply at the U.S. Consulate in Chennai, you must follow the instructions provided below to be seen for an interview in Chennai.
- Provide your information to one of the
visa application centers in Southern India.
- Appear at the U.S. Consulate in Chennai
on any working Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Please bring
the DS-160 confirmation page.
- If your interview in Chennai is for the same visa and is within one year of the 221(g) refusal, you are required
to pay another application fee. However, you are required to fill out a new application form.
- If you have applied at one of the U.S. Embassies or Consulates outside of India, have been refused under section 221(g), and you are instructed to reapply in Chennai, please make an appointment on the website to attend the personal interview. You will be required to pay the application fee and fill out a new application form.