Fiance Visa Petition Documents

  • Application fee must be sent with the application.
    There is no biometric fee.

    Fee details

  • Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance
    If your fiance has unmarried children under the age of 21, they are eligible to accompany your fiance, only if they are listed on this form. At the same time, K2/K4 visa will not be denied because the child's name is not listed on the I129F petition as long as it can be established that he/she is the minor, unmarried child of the applicant issued a K1/K3 visa.

  • Evidence of your U.S. citizenship

  • 2 Completed and signed Form G-325A, Biographic Information, one for U.S. citizen petitioner and one for alien fiance.

  • 1 photograph of the U.S. citizen and 1 photograph of the alien fiance(K1)/spouse(K3). These are separate passport size photographs for each person, and not both of them together.
    Place each photo in a small plastic bag and label the bag accordingly. e.g., "Photo of <petitioner's name>" or "Photo of <beneficiary's name>". Attach the bag to a blank sheet of paper and place it behind the corresponding G325A form.

  • Proof of termination of prior marriages for either of you.

  • Category specific
    • K1 visa
      • Cover letter

        Sample letter

      • Proof of permission to marry if you or your fiance are subject to any age restrictions. e.g., in some U.S. states, you must receive special permission to marry if you are under the age of 16.

      • Proof that you can legally marry
        • If either of you is of an age that requires special consent or permission for you to marry in the jurisdiction where your marriage will occur, give proof of that consent or permission; and

        • Proof of termination of prior marriages for either of you.

      • Proof of meeting or waiver
        • Copies of evidence that you and your fiance have personally met within the last 2 years.
          Documents from a neutral, third party outside sources work the best. e.g.
          • copies of air tickets, including boarding passes, train passes, itineraries, that you used to meet each other

          • copies of your passports showing that the stamps from when you traveled to meet each other

          • dated photographs of you together. If your camera does not insert a date on the photo automatically, write the date on the back of the photographs, and also write the name of the place. Provide a maximum 5 photos.

            You may not receive originals of photos back. Therefore, if you don't have extra copies, make sure to make them if you need those photos.

          • credit card receipts showing that you spent money at the same time and same place. Even though it may not be considered best to split the expenses in some cultures, it is OK that each person pay with his/her own credit card, just for the purposes of this proof.

          • copy of engagement ring receipt

          • copies of phone bills, emails (you may mark off very personal details you may not want to share), chats through WhatsApp or Skype or Facebook, letters, stamps on the letters (to prove the date they were sent), and other written documentary proof. Provide a reasonable amount; 2 to 4 of each types. Choose a range of dates up to and including the present.

        • Description of how you met in person in the last two years on a single typed page regarding part B, question 18 of the I129F. Remember to sign and date it.

        • OR

        • Provide a detailed explanation that
          • the requirement to meet your fiance in person would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiance's foreign culture or social practice; or

          • it is established that the requirement to personally meet your fiance would result in extreme hardship to you.

          You may provide several types of evidence. e.g.,
          • a detailed letter from a medical professional and copies of relevant medical records

          • a letter from your parents

          • a letter from your religious guide or leader

      • Original statements from you and your fiance whom you plan to marry within 90 days of his/her admission.

        Sample letters: Petitioner    Beneficiary

        Also submit copies of any evidence you wish to submit to establish your mutual intent. e.g.,
        • wedding announcements

        • copies of telephone bills showing that you called each other or other proof of calling such as WhatsApp, Skype, Viber

        • copies of cards and letters between you discussing your marriage plans (it's fine to block out some very personal details)

        • evidence of wedding arrangements. e.g.,
          • contracts for photography, catering, rented premises, dishes, flowers, other equipments, and musical entertainment

          • a letter from the religious leader who will perform the ceremony (father, kazi, pandit etc.)

    • K3 visa
      • Cover letter

        Sample letter

      • Copy of marriage certificate

      • Copy of evidence that you have filed Form I130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of the alien spouse listed on the form I-129F.

        Preferably, I797C, Notice of Action, Receipt Notice.

      • K3/K4 visa must be applied only at the appropriate consulate, in the country where the marriage took place. Carefully write that consulate to avoid lengthy delays.
        If marriage took place in the U.S., list the country of the alien's current residence.
Fiance Visa Health Insurance