I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiance(e)

Only a U.S. citizen may file a petition for an alien fiance (K1 visa for spouse and K2 visa for children under 21). A U.S. citizen also may file it to have an alien spouse and/or children under 21 enter as a nonimmigrant on a K3/K4 visa.

Filing the Application
Application filing instructions

Make two copies of the entire package (including checks) before you send the petition. Retain all originals as the USCIS may want to check them by issuing an RFE (Request For Evidence).

If you live in the U.S. or if you are living abroad, file Form I-129F at the USCIS Dallas Lockbox facility. This applies to both K-1 and K-3 applications.

For U.S. Postal Service:

P.O. Box 660151
Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

Attn: I-129F
2501 South State Highway 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Form I-129F Petitions cannot be adjudicated at a USCIS Office abroad.

If you are filing at a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may elect to receive an email and/or text message (SMS) notifying you that your application has been accepted.

You must complete Form G-1145, E-Notification of your application.

Application Processing
A few weeks after your application has been received by USCIS, they will send you I-797C, Notice of Action, Receipt Notice.

If you receive a RFE, follow the directions exactly, and make 2 copies of everything you send as well.

Post Approval
Once your I-129F petition is approved you will receive I-797, Notice of Action, approval notice.

Send the following documents to your fiance for consulate interview:
  • A copy of I-129F approval notice (I-797, Notice of Action).

  • A copy of the entire I-129F package (from 2 copies you made while sending the petitions).

    For K3/K4 Visa, a copy of the entire I-130 package (from 2 copies you made while sending the petitions). If you received an RFE, send a copy of information that you sent back to USCIS.

  • All originals of the documentary proof that you submitted for the I-129 petition.

  • Original letter affirming your desire to marry your fiance and your continued support for the K-1 visa.
    It is similar to the one you submitted along with I-129F petition, but this one should be addressed to the consulate.

  • Form I-134, affidavit of support

    The consulate requires evidence that your fiance won't need to go on welfare or receive other government assistance.

    If children are immigrating with your fiance, separate I-134 forms are not required. Listing them in Question 3 in Form I-134 is sufficient.

    More details. That web page describes details specifically for sponsoring visitors. However, the documents required are same for any visa. You must show that your income is at least 100% of the federal poverty line for the anticipated household size after the persons on K visa come to live with you.

Fiance Visa Health Insurance