Student Visa Overview
Hundreds of thousands of people come to the United States from around the world to study and improve their skills. Numerous programs provide a wide variety of learning opportunities.

There is no annual quota for student visas. All qualified students receive visas.

There are three major types of student visas:

Academic studies (F visa): For people who want to study or conduct research at an accredited U.S. college or University.

Academic studies as an Exchange Visitor (J visa): For people who will be participating in an exchange visitor program in the United States. The "J" visa is the primary visa for educational and cultural exchange programs.

Non-Academic or Vocational Studies (M Visa): For people who want to study or train at a non-academic institution in the U.S.