11-Feb was my L1A visa appointment in CHENNAI and following is my experience.
7-FEB - OFC Appointment
You need to carry only 3 documents.
1. A passport valid for travel to the United States with a validity date at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the United States.
2. Your DS-160 confirmation page
3. Your appointment confirmation page
1. It's enough if you are there right on time or 5 mins before your appointment. Don't go early, I went there 20 minutes before and had to wait on road. Chennai is hot n humid and there is no shelter or shade on road. Lot's of traffic and dust. Or Fix an early morning appointment to avoid the heat.
2. Mobile phone are allowed inside, but they need to be switched off. No bags are allowed inside and no place to secure them
3. Entire process will take only 15 mins or so. You need to goto floor 1, show the above 3 documents, get ur fingerprints and photo taken and you are done for the day. Make sure you get your DS 160 Stamped with a seal here.
1. I arrived right on time and was allowed in right away. They will provide you a token which is applicable till your interview is over.
2. If you don't have a mobile you can walk into security or otherwise you need to be another queue to deposit your mobile and bags and get a token.
3. After security screening, building 1, they will verify your documents. Bundle only necessary documents together.
4. After this, you can goto building 2 and deposit your DD etc.
5. Interview with the consular.
Someone in front of me also had an L1A interview. That went on for about 20 minutes and he got the pink slip. I was next and following questions were asked.
1. Are you working for XXXXXXX
2. How long are you with XXXXX
3. Will you be travelling to XXXXXX.
4. Who is your client?
5. What is your Indian pay and what will be your US pay?
No documents were requested by the consular. A valid case and having a 7 figure Indian salary and 6 figure US salary will help for L1A.
Documents I carried.
1. All educational documents.
2. All work experience documents.
3. 6 months paystubs and 6 months bank statements.
4. Details about members reporting to me and (Name, designation, their education, email, office address, phone)
5. Details about managers I report into (Name, designation, email, office address, phone).
6. Organization chart in India and Organization chart in US.
7. My Resume.