Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US citizen want to apply immigration for his Mother.... PLEASE HELP !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US citizen want to apply immigration for his Mother.... PLEASE HELP !!!

Hi All,

I am new US citizen and want to apply immigration(Green Card, family based) for my Mom, I am looking for the info about the
    process for how to apply for her GC, I have some questions, if someone please help me in this regard.

#1. what forms do I need to submit? according to this site, only I-130 is required??
    #2. Do I need to start the family based GC process(like sumbitting the immigration forms) here in USA or do I need to apply in India where my Mom live?
    #3. what is the time frame for my Mom to get immigration status if applied by US citizen?

I really appreciate if someone can give me some pointers on that because my Mom live alone over there.

Thanks.
    Sandeep

I130 should be enough if you mother is in India.

I filed a seperate I130 petition for my mother & father the day I became US Citizen (i.e) 11/19/2007. My parents are in India and they do not have a visiting visa. The only thing I can do is to file seperate I130 (for each parent) in this case. If your parents are in US(on visiting/any visa) then you can also apply for adjustment of status along with I130.

Yes, you have to apply for your parents at one of the USCIS service center. To apply in India I think you have to maintain some amount of residency in India (I do not have the full information right now)

For Mother you need following paperwork -
    1) Completed I130
    2) Submit a copy of your birth certificate showing your name and your mother's name.
    3) Copy of your naturalization certificate.

Based on which state you reside in the United States, file this form at the USCIS Service Center having jurisdiction over your place of residence. You can get this information from - https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...on-procedures/

There is not much paperwork involved when filing for your parents. However, you cannot guess how much time it takes. If you filled out all the papers correctly then it will help not delay the application. Since immigration visas for parents does not have any visa limit your case will be processed as soon as the previous backlog for the similar category is cleared. For I130 processing times please visit uscis.gov.

Please let me know if my information is incorrect.

Regards.

Disclaimer: The information you obtain from me at this forum is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X