We just got the vistior visa extension approved. Here are some facts & details.
orig i-94 expiration : End March 2004
Extension applied : Mid Feb 2004
Extension requested : from March thru Aug 2004 (for 5 months)
Recd extension Receipt: early March 2004
Left USA : early May 2004 (stayed a little over 2 months)
Extension approved : early Sep 2004
Recd letter : end Sep 2004
stay approved: from March 2004 to May 2004.
new i-94 :sent along with the approval letter.
- didn't send original i-94 along with visa extension application
- moved to new address after sending the paper work to USCIS
- USCIS will send all communication to address-on-file only.
- if the USCIS letter is marked "do not forward" , then it will not be forward but will be returned to SENDER as un-delivered mail.
- went to old-post office to get the letter before they tried to deliver.
- Left USA around May 15th 2004
- stay approved from March thru May 14th 2004 , seems like there is a co-relation when we exit usa with pending extension-approval