For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Labor Certification

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

I have a question regarding my husband Immigration status.
Hello, My husband's tourist visa expired. So he's been out of status for about 17 months. He came here legally, we met and fell in love before it expired, so he decided to stay and we got married after like a year. Is there a fine to pay for overstaying the visa. Because we are trying to file for the paperwork and want to know if there is a fine. We are doing the paperwork ourselves because we can't afford an attorney and he's not working yet until we get the paperwork done and his savings are for the paperwork and i have to pay the bills. I've read and heard there is a $1,000 fine for overstaying your visa. And what is INA section 245 (i) does it apply to us or him it is confusing? And what should we put under his current immigration status? Thank you.
All Replies (0)



Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.