For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400

Renewing Greencard

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Regarding I-751 application and leaving the country
Hi, my husband (an American citizen) got a job in another country. We will leave US to relocate there in March. But in June 2017, it is the time for me to start preparing my green card renewal (a conditional two year one) to a ten year one. We don't know how long we are going to live outside US. I can say the next two years we will perhaps live outside US most of the time.

I was wondering whether leaving US now will have any negative influence on my unconditional green card application in June this year? Or should we just file a re-entrance permit for me instead of I -751?

I would be very grateful if anyone could help me out!

Thanks a lot!

All Replies (1)



Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.