UK VISA – Direct Air side transit VISA application process. I have followed below steps and I got VISA in six working days. I want to share my experience with all of you.
Document purpose: Those who are staying in united states without valid VISA and wants to go India via London we need Direct Airside transit VISA.
Steps to complete the application:
1. First follow this link https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa/direct-airside-transit-visa
and go through this page.
2. Once you click apply online in above link it will take to https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/home/welcome
web site and create login account and start filling the application.
3. Once you fill the application select USCIS location for finger prints. We have to take the appointment for this.
4. Application fee per person is $48.
5. Required documents for USCIS is take the finger prints appointment document and your passports.
6. They will take one photo and your finger prints, also they will do stamp on the appointment document.
7. Ask security to give the UK VISA required documents and you can go through the document.
8. To send the documents to New York address use the following link https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/ShoppingCart/Pages/Authorization.aspx
and they will send you Air way bill. This will be fast but little expensive ($50). With one bill we can send four applicants documents together.
9. Also UK consulate will accept couriers only from UPS. No Fedex, no USPS.
10. Once we send below documents UK consulate will take 15 days to process. Remember UK consulate will work only Monday to Friday. So send documents well ahead to avoid last minute travel plan changes.
11. If you have any doubts then we need to talk to their customer care and they will charge $1.7 per minute and their timings from Monday to Friday morning 9am EST to evening 4pm EST. But customer care is not much useful.
12. Direct Air side transit VISA valid upto SIX months and in UK, within 24 hours we have to leave airport and we should not leave airport. This applicable only for transit.
13. If we want to visit UK, then take visitor VISA and that will cost you $96 per person.
14. Below are the required documents
a. VISA application form
b. Finger prints stamped document (from USCIS)
d. Valid original and duplicate US legal documents (Ex. I797A etc)
e. If kids are part of traveling then kid birth certificate (original and copies)
f. One photo (officially UK website they mentioned 45mm height * 35mm width but in US we will not get this requirement). I took photos from 50mm*50mm standard photos from Costco and sent. They accepted finally ?
g. Bank statements (recent 2 months are enough)
h. Return courier label. If you don’t send return bill then they will not send your documents back to your home