I went for the interview on 30 Nov 2018 at Chennai. At my counter, the two others before me were rejected. They were blabbering continuosly when she asked about the purpose of visit. She kept asking multiple questions and finally said "Rejected". I was expecting a rejection as well. The officer asked me to wait, as she said she is going to grab some water. She returned quickly after the break and called me.
Me : Good Morning Officer
VO : Good Morning, show me your passport.
Me : Here is it.
VO : Sir, why are you visiting the US
Me : I explained in short crisp 2 sentence.
I am visiting the xx[my company] US office for integration and deployment of our new marketing platform xx[tool nanme]. I work for xxx's global brand marketing and communications team.
She kept typing. I decided to maintain eye contact and not to lose concentration.
VO : Which city and office
Me : xx's New York Office
VO : Okay..How long you been working with xx[my company]
Me : Only 7 months of tenure with xx. But I have a total 11 years of career experience
VO : What is your highest education
Me : BE, Bachelors in Engineering
VO : Who is paying for the trip
Me : xx india [ i said my India Office name]
VO : Congrats sir your Visa is approved.Have a great trip
Me : Thank you so much officer...
This is my first attempt. My tips for the interview.
- Maintain eye contact
- Do not indulge in loose talks with others in the line
- Follow the instructions given by the employees clearly
- Never lose your concentration to see what is happening in the next counter or what is inside the cabin
- Stand straight, try to have a smile. Remember you are being watched by CCTV
- Be confident, carry all papers with you
- Display your company ID card. The company name and value matters
- You should prove within these 3 minutes that your expertise and career profile makes you the apt person to travel to the US
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.