For visitors, travel, student and other international travel medical insurance.

Visit or call +1 (866) INSUBUY or +1 (972) 985-4400
Other Countries

UK Visa

All Experiences
Fields marked as * are required.

Subject is required.

Comment is required.

By submitting this post, you agree to Terms of Use.

Experience is successfully added.

Do I need UK visa?

I know this question has been posted several times in the site, but still wanted to confirm.
I am an Indian citizen, currently staying in the USA on an international student visa (F1 which is stamped on my passport) which is valid till 2017. I will be traveling to India from San Francisco in Dec 2013 and will travel back in Jan 2014 through British Airways via London. I need to change flights at Heathrow airport. Do I require the DATV (Direct Airside Transit Visa)?
I read the information on the UKBA website and I understand that I need not apply for DATV since I comply with the 'transit without visa concession' as I have a valid visa of USA, traveling by air and my onward flight departs within 24 hours. Please let me know if my understanding is correct. I was confused because in another place in the same site it mentions that Indian citizens need to have a DATV.

Also, if someone was in similar situation I would appreciate if you can share it.

All Replies (0)


Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.