At the onset I would like to thank immihelp and the members of this forum.
The detailed experiences recorded here really helped me to prepare my answers well.
Interview Date: 03rd Feb 2020 at Chennai.
- To start with, there was a huge line infront of me. I spend more than 45 minutes just standing in queue. I couldnt resist the urge to hear what is happening at the different windows. I could constantly hear 'you visa is approved', 'your visa is rejected'. My advise would be to not get influenced and stick to what you have prepared
- my interview lasted for about 5 minutes
VO: Good Morning. How are you doing?
Me: Great! How bout you?
VO: I am doing just fine. Where are you traveling?
ME: told the US city where my I am supposed to travel?
VO: Which visa are you applying for?
ME: L1A Blanket
VO: Whats your highest level of education?
VO: What will you be doing in the US? How what a typical day look like?
ME: Answered in about 5-6 lines which I had carefully prepared.
** Remember to prepare this really well. Focus on every word that you say. Discuss this with the leaders in your organization and people who have made it through. User keywords that are relevant to your profile. These 5-6 lines should be polished as much as possible**
VO: Will you be traveling alone?
VO: How many people report to you?
VO: Do you have hiring and firing rights?
VO: Okay. Your visa is approved.
She stamped all the three copies, gave me 2 along with a green slip.
1) prepare your story really well.
2) its a normal conversation. We tend to make it larger than life but its not.
3) dont try to over please the VO by constantly smiling. It shouldnt look like you are dying to get to the US. Remember, your company has chosen you to go there to do a job. If not US, it could be any other country.
4) Dress nicely, groom yourself and be confident in your body language and your answers
All the very best to everyone who is appearing for any visa interview
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.