Hi, my wife was the primary applicant for L1A blanket. Me and our 6 year old daughter accompanied her for the interview on 16th December.
- Our appointment was at 10 am, we reached at 9:45 and were allowed to enter straight in.
- After security check, we went to a desk where we arranged our documents.(They asked for only 2 sets of I129, I797)
- We then went straight into the interview building, we were asked to skip all queues (Not sure it was because of L1A blanket visa or our daughter)
- After waiting for 5 mins, my wife went and paid the 500$ fee
- After another 2 mins we were asked to stand in front of a counter for the interview
- Below is how the conversation went, it was a lady officer and she was very cheerful and smiling. We were confident but a little nervous.
VO - Hi, good morning
Wife: Good morning
VO: (Looking at my daughters mask) Oh nice, there are cars on your mask. So cute!
We all had a nice laugh
VO: Please hand over your documents
VO: (After a min) Please handover passports of your family as well
VO: Which visa are you applying for?
VO: Have you travelled on an L or H visa before?
Wife: Yes, on an H1 before
VO: have you been in India for a period of 12 months after that?
Wife: Yes, I came back in 2014
VO: Which city are you travelling to
VO: What will be your designation
Wife: Manager - Product Development
VO: How many people do you manage?
Wife: I am a functional manager so I will manage multiple teams but they don't report directly into me.
VO: Got it, and what is the budget for the project?
Wife: 5M USD
(After this answer the VO was convinced, and I knew she will approve it)
VO: How old are you? (to my daughter)
VO: So thats like grade 1?
Wife: Yes, she is in Sr Kg now
VO: And sir you work in XYZ? (to me)
VO: Great your visas are approved, safe travels!
Wife: Thanks Officer, have a good day
We entered the consulate at 9:45 and exited at 10:15!
We were confident of getting the visa, but we never thought it would be this smooth!
Thanks a lot to people in the forum for helping us.
Disclaimer: Please note that the experiences presented are submitted by visitors to our website. Individuals’ experiences may vary, and you should interpret each individual’s experience at your own risk. Do not make a decision solely based on an experience posted here. We do not endorse any individuals’ experiences, and we are not liable or responsible for consequences stemming from your use of the information presented within any individual’s experience.