Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I filed my I-360 and I-765 at VAWA vermont center. Last July 10 2018 until now I'm still waiting every time I,ask,my lawyer about my papers what's the news,the,Secretary,telling,me,they, cannot,do because,of,backlogged, I am verbally abusive by my,American husband, is, there anything I,can do,to,make it,fast my papers
    ..anyone experience here, please comments..

Comment

• Hello I applied I-485 and I-765 since July 10 filed Augost 8 2018 for biometric and receive a prima facie determination after that I didnt hear anymore, I am so,worried everyday I,check my status and it didnt change I,contact my lawyer and saying delayed because of back logged is,there anything can help me to know why like this I am stressed waiting everyday the news ...please advice thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gemma74 View Post
        Hello I applied I-485 and I-765 since July 10 filed Augost 8 2018 for biometric and receive a prima facie determination after that I didnt hear anymore, I am so,worried everyday I,check my status and it didnt change I,contact my lawyer and saying delayed because of back logged is,there anything can help me to know why like this I am stressed waiting everyday the news ...please advice thank you.
        As most of the offices are within normal processing times for i485, probably you cannot do too much about that form. But for i765 you can make an inquiry case, National benefits center is already processing October 11, 2018 and some other centers are processing November cases, so at least you can make it move that way. That would be my only advice so far. Good luck.
        c9 AOS Omaha, NE.
        09/13/18 PD i485 & i130
        10/10/18 Biometrics appointment done.
        10/16/18 Case is ready to schedule interview.
        10/22/18 i765 & i131 received by USCIS.
        02/09/19 Filed online AR-11 (address change) to Brownsville, Tx.
        03/01/19 Interview was scheduled.
        03/07/19 Notice of action for interview on 04/04/19, received (scheduled in Harlingen, Tx).

Comment

• Thank you,so,much for,the,message

Comment

• Documents were sent to Chicago Office on 04/17/19
            Received on 04/18/19
            Checks were cashed on 04/23/19
            Received Receipt notice for all Forms on 04/27/19
            Bio-metric Notice received on 05/04/19
            RFE Notice issued on 05/03/19
            RFE Notice Received on 05/07/19
            Bio-metric Scheduled for 05/16/19
            Fingerprint review was completed on 05/17/19
            RFE response submitted on 5/22/19
            RFE received and confirmed by NBC on 5/23/19
            Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview: 06/04/19
            Interview was scheduled in OKC Field Office: 06/05/19

Comment

• I got my EAD approval , 2014 and my PD date ( 01/2009) & applied for final application approval July , 2018 .
              But not yet received neither final decision from the USCIS or Interview date?
              Is the final interview is mandatory if I485 who applied I-485 before Jan, 2017 ?
              if Anyone has same experience, Please share

Comment

• I got my EAD approval , 2014 and my PD date ( 01/2009) & applied for final application approval July , 2018 .
                But not yet received neither final decision from the USCIS or Interview date?
                Is the final interview is mandatory if I485 who applied I-485 before Jan, 2017 ?
                Can any one of you similar experience please share your experience.

Comment

• I just got my conditional GC yesterday 7/10/2019. I want to share my experience with those in similar situations.
                  My usc spouse petitioned for my fiancee K1 visa around mid october in 2017. I landed in the US on 8/24/2018. Here is the time frame for each one of the step:

I-485, I-131, I-785 filed on 11/11/18
                  Received on 11/13/18 by National Benefits Center
                  Bio-metric Appointment on 12/10/18
                  Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview on 05/01/19
                  Interview was scheduled on 06/18/19 at Baltimore Field Office
                  New Card was being produced on 06/26/19
                  New Card was mailed to me on 07/08/19
                  GC in hand on 07/10/19

I never received my combo card during these 8 months. It helps that my husband is an experienced immigration attorney. But even so there has been a lot of ups and downs and stressful moments in the process. I hope my timeline adds a little value to the forum and wish every one still in the process a smooth process and happy ending.

Comment

• My usc spouse petitioned for my fiancee K1 visa in May 2017. I landed in the US on 3/22/2018.

I-485, I-131, I-785 filed on 6/12/18
                    Received on 6/14/18 by National Benefits Center
                    Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview on 08/30/18
                    I received EAD, valid 10/03/2019

I live in Brooklyn so the estimated time range for I-485 is 19 to 23 months

I have two questions:

1. Do I have to apply for renew the EAD before expiration date 10/03/2019?

2. If my wife include me in her insurance will influence to my Green Card process? Because one of the conditions is that I will not ask for any benefits in US

Comment

• Originally posted by olssys View Post
                      My usc spouse petitioned for my fiancee K1 visa in May 2017. I landed in the US on 3/22/2018.

I-485, I-131, I-785 filed on 6/12/18
                      Received on 6/14/18 by National Benefits Center
                      Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview on 08/30/18
                      I received EAD, valid 10/03/2019

I live in Brooklyn so the estimated time range for I-485 is 19 to 23 months

I have two questions:

2. If my wife include me in her insurance will influence to my Green Card process? Because one of the conditions is that I will not ask for any benefits in US
                      1. Yes, unless you get your residency card before its expiration.
                      2. That question is asking you if you will take benefits from the US government i.e. whether or not you will be a liability to the federal/state government. And the answer is no, you will not because your wife will support you by putting you on her insurance. It is actually better that you are on her insurance as it shows that you both are a legit couple and will have documents to show as proof of bonafide marriage.
                      2018 Marriage-based AOS (I-130, I-485, I-765)
                      07-09: Package Delivered to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
                      07-17: NOA texts & emails (~10:30 pm)
                      07-17: Checks cashed
                      07-20: 3 NOAs received in the mail
                      07-27: Biometrics letter in mail; scheduled for 08-08
                      07-30: Biometrics done; USCIS received on 07-31
                      08-02: RFIE for proof of legal employment; replied 08-04
                      08-08: USCIS received RFIE, case no longer on hold
                      10-04: AP approved
                      11-28: Case Ready to Be Scheduled for Interview
                      11-29: EAD approved

Comment

• Originally posted by olssys View Post
                        Adding to what hpx3000 said, you don't have to wait to be near that date to renew, you can do now. Some cases take more than 6 months to get the new EAD and you only get 180 day extension, so is better to do it early on.

Is free to renew if you attach a copy of the I-485 NOA.
                        Nov 2018 - Package sent - EB - Texas Service Center
                        Day 1 - Package received at the lockbox
                        Day 12/34 - Case and Fingerprint Fee Received / Biometrics appointment
                        Day 112 - EAD delivered
                        Day 195 - Letter for missing I-693
                        Day 4xx - no news (retrogression)
                        EAD Renewal: 2 approved in 24 days, 1 pending for 11x days

Comment

• Case has been ready for interview for 174 days now. FO is Newark NJ! any other filers from Newark ?
                          Newark Field Office. I485, I765, I130, I31 Marriage AOS
                          1/28/19 -case has been accepted
                          2/9/19 - Fingerprint review was COMPLETED on I-765 and I-485
                          2/12/19 - (I-485) Case b • 10/4/19 - Interview cancelled
                          10/19/19 - Interview was scheduled
                          12/3/19 - Interview completed!it
                          12/9/19 - New card is being produced
                          12/10/19 - i485 and I-130 case was approved

Comment

• Originally posted by _postdoc_
                            Guys, The priority date for my EB1 case is mid June 2018 and according to Dec 2019 visa bulletin the cases until 1 July 2019 should be issued this month. Does anybody have an idea of how long we should wait for the GC to arrive in the mail?
                            It is better to open a new thread (more people will see your question), and you should include more information, like:
                            - you already had your interview
                            - the officer commented something about the dates

Looking at the Visa Bulletin I don't see any 01JUL19 date for EB1, several 15JUL18, 15MAY17 for people born in China and 01JAN15 for people born in India.

If you are not from India or China, then you PD is current (before 15JUL18). If you already went to your interview you can expect your GC approval in a few days to a few months (each case is different).
                            Last edited by Enub4; 12-07-2019, 05:20 PM.
                            Day 112 - EAD delivered

Comment

• Originally posted by _postdoc_

very much appreciate your response. I am not from china or india and also my PD is for before 15 July 2018 as you mentioned and I also have done my interview about 9 months ago. I expect the GC to arrive in December (this month) however I am not sure how long exactly it will take. It is extra important for me now since I have a job offer that I can only take if I am GC holder (job is supposed to start in mid January). Is there anyway I could ask USCIS to sort of expedite the process ? DO you think calling them would be beneficial? if so what number should I call them on?
                              I have read that some people get the approval a few days after the PD became current (if the interview went well and that was the only limiting factor). But a couple of reports say it took more than 2 months. I hope you get your GC as a Christmas present.

Don't know if calling will help or not, you can try calling the number on your receipts or open an inquiry online. Good luck.
                              Day 112 - EAD delivered

Comment

• Can any one tell me where we need to send the i485 application while resident of Dallas Texas. And how much time it will take to get the confirmation..??

Comment

Working...
                                X