Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filing for AOS - Questions / Enough Evidence?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing for AOS - Questions / Enough Evidence?

Hi there,

So the lowdown here, I'm an English Citizen and my Wife is the American Citizen, we're about to file for for AOS on a marriage based green card, she hasnt earned enough to file for taxes for the past 3 years however, so we have a joint sponsor who makes $50k+ a year.

- Started dating in June 2018
    - i proposed over New Years 2018/19
    - We got married in March 2019

My questions for filing really revolve around the evidence part, my wife has terrible credit, i've tried my hardest to help improve it but she has alot of student debt ($10k) on her file which is delinquent so pretty impossible to get anything with a 500 credit score... but what we do have together

Evidence of Marriage & Cohabitation
    ---------------

- Marriage Certificate
    - Video of the Marriage itself
    - Pictures of all our friends (it was quite a big attended wedding) with us at the centre of the picture kissing.
    - Pictures the said wedding
    - Joint Chase Bank Accounts
    - Joint Capital One Credit Card Account (lack of SSN for me, couldnt get a joint bank account with them)
    - As mentioned above, Bank statements showing shopping / groceries etc.
    - Live together albeit with other friends due to lack of credit for wife and SSN for me, we're both not on the lease, i am however a Occupant on the lease
    - Driving Licence for US Citizen Wife showing Address where we both live
    - Engraved Wedding rings.
    - Voting Record for US Citizen Wife showing same Address of where we live together.
    - Shared mail sent to us // Baby Shower invite sent to our address where we live.
    - Instagram Pictures of us together at various other places
    - Fostering a Bunny together for a short while.
    - Internet Bill in my name showing my address (Spectrum, same below for Cell, won't show Joint Acc holders)
    - Cell phone bill in my name showing same address

Unfortunately we are hindered alot by her credit and my lackof and my need to legally able to work and get a credit file that starts fresh and helps both of us get further together.

Along with that i have the rest in the packet too -

. Financial Support
    1) 2016-2019 Tax transcripts - showing she did not earn to file for taxes
    2) Joint Sponsor Tax Returns and most Recent tax return for the year
    3) Joint Sponsor wage slips for past 3 months

I'm not sure what else to include here, my original plan was to do travelling across America and then head to Costa Rica but then lost my passport, i went home for a month and came back to the country where i then met my now wife by chance a few weeks later as my friend was on a date with her friend and he asked me to come along and she was there too and we have pictures of our first date on the beach together and after that all my plans changed and decided to stay to be with her...

We have some evidence living together and i acknowledge there could be alot more but like i said, we are hindered alot by her credit file, only thing i have managed to get so far is a secured credit card from Capital One, it's incredibly hard to get anything without a SSN too.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X