Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS - RFE for Joint Sponsor - Questions

Hi there,

so i got myself a RFE for my joint sponsor, i probably know what it was for but i need to know how to reply back to the RFE.

Bit of info to help this -

My USC wife did not meet the financial requirements to sponsor so i had to find myself a joint sponsor, infact my wife didnt earn more than the amount to even file her taxes (i ticked that box and sent in a letter explaining why) My Joint Sponsor made more than enough but he didn't give me his actual 2018 Tax Transcript, he gave me something else which i guess it's my fault for not double checking for 2018 as it turned out, he never did his 2018 taxes, just his 2016 & 2017, so i believe that was the RFE was for as i included the following

- last 3 months Pay slips
    - 2016 & 2017 Tax Transcripts
    - something for 2018?
    - Proof of US Citizenship (Birth Certificate)

So i asked my joint Sponsor about his 2018 taxes to which he said he'll doit in December but then told me he hadnt done them to which he eventually did at the end of January, my RFE is from the 26th November meaning i only have till next week (21st Feb) to get this done and the Tax guy told me it might take upto 6 weeks to get his 2018 taxes done as its backdated, meaning i have to find myself a new joint sponsor!

Which thankfully my mate who is my roomie volunteered to step in and doit for me, he makes $36k a year so well above the threshold of $21k\

Now so i need to file this by the end of the week and need to make damn sure i do not get this wrong!

Questions i do have

1. in 2018 his taxes reported were (that's his total income and AGI) $36,010 , 2017 - 50,781 and 2016 - 43,957, he has actually already done his 2019 taxes which is reported as $37,575, after reading forums and everything that is available from questions via google etc, am i correct in saying for Part 6, Question 7 where it says "My current individual annual income is" i would then put his "anticipated" income for 2019 which i obviously know since he's done his taxes as $37,575?

2. Then following that, Part 6 Question 20, it says "My Current Annual Household Income" would that be $37,575 or what was reported on the 2018 taxes which would be $36,010?

3. What are the required documents do i need to provide for my joint sponsor? is there an requirement to show pay slips as i have 9 months worth but that's from Jan 2019 - September 2019 and not his most recent pay slips, which i'm not entirely sure i'll be able to get by next week? What i do have is the mentioned 9 months payslips, his US Passport, Proof of Employment Letter stating he is there full time as a server and been employed for however long and is an employee in good standing" with company letterhead and his prepared by Credit Karma with his Federal Tax Return / 1040 / Schedule 3 / Form 8863 - do i need his w2's? or would the IRS Tax Transcripts suffice?

i have uploaded the screenshots of the letter i received for my RFE so hopefully that helps as to how i can proceed further with this...Also do i need to resubmit my Wife's i-864 again or just my joint sponsors? as it doesnt make any mention of that except just for the Joint Sponsor
    Last edited by Adam Williams; 02-11-2020, 02:22 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X