Didn't submit Request for Evidence by deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't submit Request for Evidence by deadline

I'm a US Citizen, my wife (girlfriend at the time) visited the US on a B2 visitor's visa in October of 2019 and in January of 2020 we got married and start an immigration process. We used an immigration service and they created a packet for us to submit, which we received in February of 2021 and submitted it to USCIS.

In August of 2021, we received a notice that the I-485 was denied due to my co-sponsor not meeting the financial requirement, and they gave me a "Request for Evidence" due by October 2021. I contacted an attorney's office and they requested me to meet with them and gave them the information they needed (along with a new co-sponsor affidavit of support) to submit. I didn't hear back from them and I received a Biometrics request for my wife, and we completed that in September. Later in September we received a relationship interview and we completed that in October 2021.

In March of 2022 I received an I-130 approval notice, however that same month I received another notice saying that we never submitted a Request for Evidence for the I-485 that was due in October of 2021. The attorney we had been working with never submitted that request for evidence, which I realize is my fault for not following up with them to ensure everything was taken care of, but I had been under the impression that because we got a Biometrics scheduled and a relationship interview scheduled that everything was sorted out.

So now, at this point, I'm not sure if it's too late for the Request of Evidence to be submitted (says it was due October 2021) or if we just need to submit an entirely new I-485 application and start the whole process over. We're meeting with an attorney next week, but in the mean time I'm trying to find out as much information as I can.

Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this and provide any information.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X