Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a wrong expiring date on I-94 card matter if the system's record is correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a wrong expiring date on I-94 card matter if the system's record is correct?

Hello friends,

Glad to find this forum. I'm going to apply for AOS next month. Before submitting my application, I'd like to make sure if a wrong expiring date on my I-94 card matters or not if the actual record in their system is correct. Last year I reentered the country on 07/25 but the immigration officer at the airport stamped 07/30/2011 as the expiring date (my new H-1B actually expires on 07/30/2014). My lawyer checked this with his friend at CBP and told me that the actual record for the expiring date in their computer system is 07/30/2014. Therefore I didn't worry about the correction of I-94 card since I didn't plan to travel abroad for the coming year. Now I wonder if such an error made by the CBP officer on my I-94 card should be corrected for my I-485 application. If I attach an explanation of the error, will the error influence my application or not? It's a bit troublesome for me to go to an international airport to have the error corrected.

Your kind advice would be most appreciated. Many thanks!

BM

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X