Possible consequences after divorce and retention of Green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible consequences after divorce and retention of Green card

I got married to my wife in 2010. She sponsored me and I came here after 3 years of marriage. Got green card as I get here and now have been with her for last 2 year. Our marriage is bona fide but its getting hard to go together. I have green card that expired in 10 year so there is no condition on it. I have been living with her family working day and night to support my wife and her big family as well. I have a decent job now and I can afford to live separately but my wife does not let me. She wants to live with her family. My wife owns the house and she pays the mortgage. But I pay all the bills, insurance for two cars and all groceries bills for her and the entire family. They just want me to earn for them and keep living in same conditions. They threaten me that they will send me back to my country and does not let me get citizenship. I have no personal life here and my wife doesn't seem to care. I am in continuous mental stress. She sometime hit me too. I have following questions in mind:

1) If I take divorce, will she be able to do anything against me?
    2) Will I be able to keep my Green card and get citizenship?
    3) She hits me and then says I hit her and I can't seem to prove it. What can I do?
    4) They do not let me save anything, I have got a car but she uses it and purchases in her name. But I pay for the car and its insurance. If we got divorced, will I be able to get my car back? I do not need any share from her house, although I pay the bills.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X